* LIVE from the Rotterdam - 30 day Passage to Spain and Western Europe - Mar. 30th*

kazu

All my bags aren't packed, not ready to go, no taxi wating outside my door, but all that WILL happen.;)

We don't sail for a week, but I am hoping some roll call members will join in. So, I am setting this up now so I can give them the link. Some are leaving early.:cool: just as we are. If the weather Gods smile on us, we will be out of here next Monday :D

Some of the ports are new for us - highlights are Santiago de Compostela & Huelva to name a few as well as my two favourite tour guides for Monte Carlo & Madeira. While we have been to some of these ports before, there are some very different things planned for those. It should be fun:D

Sadly, I don't believe that the Rotterdam has unlimited internet, but as long as the internet co-operates, you can expect regular reports.

Ask any questions. If I can get the answers I will.

Here is our itinerary:

E7T30B.jpg

After the cruise, we are taking the high speed train to Paris - if there is interest, I will certainly share.

Looking forward to escaping the ice and snow and enjoying good weather in Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks. I hope I can keep the sea days interesting until we hit land. Our roll call does have some "stuff" planned :)

Edited by kazu

I can't wait to follow along with you - and am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather so you can get out of Stormville and begin your much deserved vacation! Hugs to you!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I'll have a good time following along with you across The Pond.

It's been so long since I have been aboard this Rotterdam, I'll be interested in reading your impressions of what she's like now. Hopefully, there will be plenty of time to explore her---and report---on the trans-At portion.

And then the ports! Ah! what a time lies ahead.

Jacqui

Looking forward to your reports from the Rotterdam. She is one of our favorite ships. Have a safe trip to Ft. Lauderdale.

Looking forward to meeting you and DH in May 2018 on the Elegant Explorer.

Have a great trip

Janet

Jacqui,

So excited for you!!!!

Remember when in Sept. I was in Paris for 10 days and you asked about hotels in the area?

You told me of your up coming trip! WOW TIME HAS FLOWN BY FAST!

Looking forward to your wonderful trip!

You will love the high speed train into Paris! And the food on the train was yummy!

Take care time now to relax and be EXCITED!!!!

Denise :)

I can't wait to follow along with you - and am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather so you can get out of Stormville and begin your much deserved vacation! Hugs to you!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

thank you so much. Hope the freezing rain in Mtl changes. Otherwise. Ughh..

Safe travels to you & all the others on the first leg of the cruise. Looking forward to seeing your updates. See you at the Meet & Greet in Barcelona!

Looking forward to meeting yout too :) See you SOON :)

Looking forward to your "Live" reports.

Travel safely and have a great cruise.

thanks KK.

I'll have a good time following along with you across The Pond.

It's been so long since I have been aboard this Rotterdam, I'll be interested in reading your impressions of what she's like now. Hopefully, there will be plenty of time to explore her---and report---on the trans-At portion.

And then the ports! Ah! what a time lies ahead.

Thank you Ruth. I will do my best to show you the ship. I confess now I haven't been on her for at least 15 years. Our last time was South America and I was in love. I hope I still will be ;)

Jacqui

Looking forward to your reports from the Rotterdam. She is one of our favorite ships. Have a safe trip to Ft. Lauderdale.

Looking forward to meeting you and DH in May 2018 on the Elegant Explorer.

Have a great trip

Janet

Already drooling on next year's cruise Janet and looking forward to meeting you.

But for now, my focus will be on this one ;).

I got officially excited tonight now that I know my dogs are good :). For sure.

See you next year. I am sure we will have fun and thanks for coming along.

Jacqui,

So excited for you!!!!

Remember when in Sept. I was in Paris for 10 days and you asked about hotels in the area?

You told me of your up coming trip! WOW TIME HAS FLOWN BY FAST!

Looking forward to your wonderful trip!

You will love the high speed train into Paris! And the food on the train was yummy!

Take care time now to relax and be EXCITED!!!!

Denise :)

Thanks Dee and thanks for helping me with hotels in Paris and your other tips. I really appreciated it.

FWIW, we opted for La Clef Louvre - a combination of a hotel/boutique hotel with a kitchentte, laundry (mini), etc. I envision baguettes, wine, cheese and nice dinner another night ;). The baguettte will be welcome after our long day in Versailles.

Hi Jacqui,

Your itinerary is amazing and I know you will enjoy all the ports! Have a wonderful cruise!

Karen

thank you so MUCH Karen for helping me with your tips on Santiago de Compestela. It really made it easy for me and I so appreciate you helping.

Never fear, there will be pics to bring back your memories. That day is a HUGE highlight for us :). I thank you for helping make it easier.

Looking forward to your "Live" report. Let me encourage others on your roll call to contibute to your thread. It is always interesting to read about what different people are doing.

The "Sail-away Gang" will be watching and waving you off on Thursday.

Have a wonderful trip. Our favorite restaurant in Paris is L'ange 20 in the Maris. Reservations are a must. Reasonable prices and fantastic food.

Thank you very much for the tip :D

Much appreciated:D

Oh the time is so close...Monday! Wow, I am excited for you...and me to get to pretend I can travel by reading your posts.

The freezing rain here today made the sidewalks skippy but roads were fine. I don't think such low temps are predicted before Monday. Positive thoughts for uneventful travel.

The ports are magnificent!

Oh the time is so close...Monday! Wow, I am excited for you...and me to get to pretend I can travel by reading your posts.

The freezing rain here today made the sidewalks skippy but roads were fine. I don't think such low temps are predicted before Monday. Positive thoughts for uneventful travel.

The ports are magnificent!

Thanks Gail,

And yes, your dam freezing rain is moving to Montreal. If the puddle hopper can't get out of Montreal, it can't pick us up. It seems the last several years there has always been flight issues - Lufthanza strike & flight last year, weather issues the year before. Weather looks promising here but we need to connect.

I hope the system moves quickly and we go as planned with no last minute panic (yn).

Why we aimed to fly out three days early.

Wish you were with us. We always enjoy travelling with the 4of4 ;)

Had 10 inches of snow overnight here:0 but it's welcome because fire season has been coming too fast. But your post is indeed exciting news! We don't have a booking now so I'm loving the chance to "travel" with my cyber friends! Very, very happy for you, looks like a beautiful trip, so many great ports plus some nice ahhhh time.

Now everybody stay well! m--

Forgot to say, "Thank you for sharing!"