Jeans. In Specialy Restaurants

mamaofami

They are not allowed on Gala Night except in the casual restaurants. I don't know what the Tamarind is considered.

I think he'll be okay in neat pressed jeans and collared shirt in Tamraind but I would hesitate as to Pinnacle IMO

Enjoy Tamarind, I think it r eally good. :)

I’m embarrassed to ask, but hubby wants to know if he can wear them in Tamarand and Pinnacle. I say no, but he asked me to ask.:)

Edited to say dresss jeans.

The Gala Night dress code only applies to the MDR. All other venues are smart casual all the time.

Haven't been to Tamarand but I wore Wrangler Cargo Pants with a Polo Shirt to the PG multiple times on Westerdam and Oosterdam. Some of those times were Gala Nights.

I will wear the same on my next cruise on Rotterdam.

The Gala Night dress code only applies to the MDR. All other venues are smart casual all the time.

Haven't been to Tamarand but I wore Wrangler Cargo Pants with a Polo Shirt to the PG multiple times on Westerdam and Oosterdam. Some of those times were Gala Nights.

I will wear the same on my next cruise on Rotterdam.

Actually, It is my impressionn Gala Night applies to the whole ship but for Lido.

No?

While Gala Night dress might apply to all public areas except the Lido, that's really only a question of who's going to enforce it? In my experience a dining room manager isn't going to turn away a passenger who is wearing a nice, clean pair of jeans without holes or patches.

While Gala Night dress might apply to all public areas except the Lido, that's really only a question of who's going to enforce it? In my experience a dining room manager isn't going to turn away a passenger who is wearing a nice, clean pair of jeans without holes or patches.

I agree with your last sentence and don't think there is any reason to turn that passenger a way.

They didn't turn away a passanger on gala night in distressed Jean on my last cruise.

He will not be turned away, but I have to ask why wear Jeans--even "dress" jeans? Are they easier to put on than a pair of slacks? Do they weigh less? Do they compliment his shoes? What is the rationale? Obviously, not my business, but I do wonder what makes jeans a more attractive choice to him than a pair of slacks.

When it becomes a matter of what one can get away with rather than what the dress code says...

I have a dear friend who would love to dress up on Gala Nights but her husband refuses to wear a jacket or a tie ....... he uses the old line "I wore them my whole working life, why would I wear one now?". I always used to reply "Because it would make your wife HAPPY".

They either get it or they don't.

He will not be turned away, but I have to ask why wear Jeans--even "dress" jeans? Are they easier to put on than a pair of slacks? Do they weigh less? Do they compliment his shoes? What is the rationale? Obviously, not my business, but I do wonder what makes jeans a more attractive choice to him than a pair of slacks.

Perhaps he just finds them more comfortable? ;).

What are 'dress' jeans? To me jeans are either non smart everyday clothes or something you wear for work.

I realise there are very expensive designer jeans these days, so maybe this is what he is going to wear?

The comment about it being more difficult to put on a pair of smart trousers than jeans made me laugh.

My OH would never wear jeans in the evening on a cruise. In fact, we enjoy the opportunity to make an effort and dress up as we don't do it very often at home.

I think slobbing around in a pair of everyday jeans just show you can't be bothered to make an effort. Although the cruise line may have no objection it doesn't show much respect to all those passengers who have gone out of their way to look nice.

I suppose it is something else that is a sign of the times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums