Getting confirmation of new Booking , from PCC

sail7seas

Almost immediate. If you prefer not to call the PCC, drop the PCC a email and let them know it hasn't shown up and ask them to resend.

Marie, I called and e- mailed and finally I left a voice mail to cancel the b-to-b I had just booked. tthis week. I needed to buy third party insurance in t ime to cover pre exisitng conditions and did not want to p;ay non refundalbe premium on r a cruisefor which I did not yet have a writtten confirmation. My voice mail message to him , said, seeing her couldn't find thee tim e to send the b- to-b confirmation, I hoped he would find tthe time to cancel tthe whole. thing. When PCC called to '' discuss' it was a most unpleasant conversation, I had n no intentionn of tolerating.......... AND , that was that. I ddidn't even trust that PCC actually did the cancellation until checked I also do not trust he redeposited my FCD's. .. I will have to waste more energy and some else's time and call HAL to conffirm.

I

I used a very pleasant PCC for years and dozens of cruises until he retired. then I saarted with this one.

Iit ismy wish to use a PCC rather than a long distaqnce, or on line TA, When I had a local A, tthatt wasgoodf. Thre re none in mmy rea now thatt I wish to uses. Most small TA's got slammed by internet compeition.

In any case, thank you, you answered my question.

Others who us HAL PCC,,, how long do you waitt d for writen confirmaion.

Edited by sail7seas

Almost immediate. If you prefer not to call the PCC, drop the PCC a email and let them know it hasn't shown up and ask them to resend.
Marie, I claled and ed mailed and finaally I left a vcoice mail to cancel the bg-to-b I hadd just booked. tthis week. I needed to buy third party insurance in tgime to cover pre exisitng o conditions and did not want to p;ay non refundalbe premium for a cruise for which I did not yet have a writtten confirmation. My voice mai l message to him , said, seeing he couldn't find the tim e to send the b- to-b confirmation, I hoped he would find tthe time to cancel tthe whole. thing. When PCC called to '' discuss' it was a most unpleasant conversation, I had nto intentionn of tolerating.......... AND , that was that. I ddidn't even trust that PCC actually did the cancellation until checked I also do not trust he redeposited my FCD's. ..

I get an email confirmation while still on the phone with my PCC as well.

Thank you

I was vvery p leased yeserday to have bokked tthatt b-to-b and now I have no cruise to look forrward to nor any incliination tto sttart all overf again alone......... I t took me a bit to go ahead and book to sail that cruise alone.

I don't use a HAL PCC but book direst with whomever answers the 800 number and I have always received email confirmation within the hour. Oftentimes, the agent tells me that she/he is sending the email as we are talking.

That is what I have done as well. The email came in shortly after I hung up the phone.

Sail, I sure hope you find the strength to rebook again. You seem to enjoy cruising immensely.

Thank you

I was vvery p leased yeserday to have bokked tthatt b-to-b and now I have no cruise to look forrward to nor any incliination tto sttart all overf again alone......... I t took me a bit to go ahead and book to sail that cruise alone.

I understand your frustration especially in having to deal with an unpleasant conversation. I am very sorry. It should not have happened. I hope in the near future you will find the inclination to book again. I hope you are successful in switching PCC's.

Dear Sail

I am sorry to hear about the poor service you received from your PCC.

Have you considered a new PCC? If you ask to speak to a supervisor in that department, I am sure one would be glad to hear your story and could hand pick a new PCC who would be better suited to you and your needs. I would hope so.

Thanks for the supportive comments. i have to deicde i fI want to start from the 'very beginning......... i'll see how I feel about it next week. After my strong connection to HAL for so long, so Many cruises, how does one HAL employee do such a job of turning me away over such a small easy matter he just would not get done? Decades of dozens and dozens of cruises for so many hundreds of days and so many HAL friends................... I don t' need tthis sort of upset. h'ave had enough That phone call pushed me over the edge.

I'Id like a few nice words from PCC before I decide about another booking. He really upset me today during the unpleasant phone call. That was not an issue of frustrationn but IMO worse.

I would feel the same way. I noticed your signature, and let you know who my PCC is.

Marie, I called and e- mailed and finally I left a voice mail to cancel the b-to-b I had just booked. tthis week. I needed to buy third party insurance in t ime to cover pre exisitng conditions and did not want to p;ay non refundalbe premium on r a cruisefor which I did not yet have a writtten confirmation. My voice mail message to him , said, seeing her couldn't find thee tim e to send the b- to-b confirmation, I hoped he would find tthe time to cancel tthe whole. thing. When PCC called to '' discuss' it was a most unpleasant conversation, I had n no intentionn of tolerating.......... AND , that was that. I ddidn't even trust that PCC actually did the cancellation until checked I also do not trust he redeposited my FCD's. .. I will have to waste more energy and some else's time and call HAL to conffirm.

I

I used a very pleasant PCC for years and dozens of cruises until he retired. then I saarted with this one.

Iit ismy wish to use a PCC rather than a long distaqnce, or on line TA, When I had a local A, tthatt wasgoodf. Thre re none in mmy rea now thatt I wish to uses. Most small TA's got slammed by internet compeition.

In any case, thank you, you answered my question.

Others who us HAL PCC,,, how long do you waitt d for writen confirmaion.

I hope all this angst has not been caused by an incorrect email address. I would check to see what email address he has for you. Have you checked your spam folder?

Did he say that he had sent the email?

If you accused him of not bothering to do something when he had already done it you may have upset him. I can't imagine HAL employing rude PCC's. They wouldn't last long in the job if they were.

I hope all this angst has not been caused by an incorrect email address. I would check to see what email address he has for you. Have you checked your spam folder?

Did he say that he had sent the email?

If you accused him of not bothering to do something when he had already done it you may have upset him. I can't imagine HAL employing rude PCC's. They wouldn't last long in the job if they were.

H e has the correcf address, I got a good num ber of e mails at that addrress today. and since all this happened, he managed o to send me confirrmafion of cancellaf ttion. Interesting how he managed to get that sent . :rolleyes: He did not bother to add an apology t o the cancellation messsage. That Might have been welcome and appropriate but it wasn't there..

H e has the correcf address, I got a good num ber of e mails at that addrress today. and since all this happened, he managed o to send me confirrmafion of cancellaf ttion. Interesting how he managed to get that sent . :rolleyes: He did not bother to add an apology t o the cancellation messsage. That Might have been welcome and appropriate but it wasn't there..

Glad to know that he has the correct address. I would change PCC's. Don't stew over it. He is not worth it. Don't let him ruin your plans. Just book via someone else and go.

I don't think this is the norm for PCCs in general. I generally have my confirmations, like others, while still on the phone or at least within a few minutes. I have several friends that use the PCC department that all really like the person they deal with, so there are many good ones out there. Call and get transferred to another.

You have my email if you wish to chat further.

Rich

I think the confirmations from PCC's are automated. They come automatically once they hit the buton.

Mine had to corect one.

The conversations with PCC's are recorded I believe. If you had a bad one, the supervisor can review it. Just a call to the supervisor can get this fixed for training for the PCC if needed ;)

I think the confirmations from PCC's are automated. They come automatically once they hit the buton.

Mine had to corect one.

The conversations with PCC's are recorded I believe. If you had a bad one, the supervisor can review it. Just a call to the supervisor can get this fixed for training for the PCC if needed ;)

I think you are correct on the auto send portion of this. I seem to get it directly from HAL, not the PCC.

Some of the PCCs I have dealt with have been better than others, but they all have been very polite and patient.

No need to stay with one you do not like.

Mine had to corect one.

I think the conversations that are recorded aredd when we call them, not when they call us. In this case, he made the call.

IThink not........ I never got it but he managed to get t he cancellation to my e-mail adfress, actually, he sent that about 4 times. He and HAL have and use the correct adddresss and I get plenty of HAL mail at that address. I cannot answer why he did not send the confirmation off booking but threre was no problem with my e-mail all day and last night. I got much mail andPCC sent the confirmation of cancellation. He just didn'tt seem tto get any sense I wangted gthagg conirmation promptly for a valid reason.......... M edical insuance for pre exisitng conditions that must be purhcased by a prescribed time after first booking depposit. Maybe it peeves him I consider HAL cancellation coverage a waste. I care far more to insure for illness or accident out of the country that Medicare would not cover. He gets commission for HSL"s but I won' buy that. It pays a pittance for medical bills.

I think the confirmations from PCC's are automated. They come automatically once they hit the buton. Mine had to corect one. The conversations with PCC's are recorded I believe. If you had a bad one, the supervisor can review it. Just a call to the supervisor can get this fixed for training for the PCC if needed ;)
IThink not........ I never got it but he manaag to get t heconfirmation of cancellation to my e-mail adress, actually, he sent that about 4 times. He and HAL have and use the correct adddresss and I get plenty of HAL mail at that address. I cannot answer why he did not send the confirmation off booking but threre was no problem with my e-mail all day and last night. I got much mail andPCC sent the confirmation of cancellation. He just didn'tt seem tto get any sense I wanted that confirmation promptly for a valid reason.......... M edical insuance for pre exisitng conditions that must be purchased by a prescribed time after first booking depposit. Maybe it peeves him I consider HAL cancellation coverage a waste. I care far more to insure formedical treatment forr illness or accident out of the country that Medicare would not cover. He gets commission for HAL"s but I won' buy that. It pays a pittance for medical bills. Edited by sail7seas

This last time I cruised I used my cruise deposit. My PCC gave me A confirmation number. Within an hour I logged into my account and the reservation was there.

I clicked on online payment and paid the insurance.

My confirmation online states that I have purchased the Platinum insurance.

There is detail of what fees have been paid are under my confirmation number.

Final payment is not due til February 28th.

My PCC is very responsive.

Glad to know that he has the correct address. I would change PCC's. Don't stew over it. He is not worth it. Don't let him ruin your plans. Just book via someone else and go.

(bold is mine) I agree. It sounds to me like this guy make a mistake and then got defensive. All he had to do was say "I'm sorry, I'll fix it right away," and then actually fix it. But for some reason a lot of people in customer service (not just HAL) won't apologize and own their mistakes.

Sail, don't let one bad employee wipe out your good history with HAL. I would call a supervisor and ask for a new PCC.