Embarrassing cruise moments

joelheather

I think it was our very first cruise, on the Sovereign of the Seas. I thought I'd be cool and test my language skills to tell our suite's room stewardess what a great job she did and thank you for making our bed. I apparently told her we wanted to take her to bed, which led to a really awkward conversation with the Hotel Director and a security guard and trying to explain it was a misunderstanding and that we were both gay. That led to the security guard asking us, numerous times, "then why did you ask this nice lady to go to bed with you!"

:halo:

-germ

OMG!! That is hilarious!! Sitcom material!

On one particular cruise we were one of the last to board the ship before it left, a rarity for us. By the time we got back to the cabin to get ready for the MDR there was little time to spare. My two teenaged daughters and I were frantically rushing around the cabin trying to get ready. My DH graciously offered to go out on the balcony for a bit so we could strip in the cabin and change quickly. As we were getting changed we could hear loud cheers, cat calls, and whistles. I went to the balcony to see what was going on. There’s a large party boat right next to us and the people are cheering and whistling. My husband had brought his clothes out onto the balcony to change into. (He later tells me he thought since we had already pulled out of port and were a good ways from the island no one would see him :')) My poor DH (who is 6’6” and naked at this point) is bent over trying to retrieve his underwear but the cheering has him all flustered and it’s really windy. So the underwear end up flying over the balcony railing. At this point the people figure he’s doing a strip tease so they get even louder. He bends over again and hurriedly tries to get his dress pants on but because he’s still a little wet from our excursion the pants stick to his legs and he can’t get them up. He then starts dancing around and jumping up and down trying to get the pants up. At this point, the people on the party boat have gotten so loud that everyone and I mean everyone is out on deck looking up at him or on their balconies straining to see “the show.” I love this man dearly but I was no help as I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe. And his little show seemed to go on forever. :')

On one particular cruise we were one of the last to board the ship before it left, a rarity for us. By the time we got back to the cabin to get ready for the MDR there was little time to spare. My two teenaged daughters and I were frantically rushing around the cabin trying to get ready. My DH graciously offered to go out on the balcony for a bit so we could strip in the cabin and change quickly. As we were getting changed we could hear loud cheers, cat calls, and whistles. I went to the balcony to see what was going on. There’s a large party boat right next to us and the people are cheering and whistling. My husband had brought his clothes out onto the balcony to change into. (He later tells me he thought since we had already pulled out of port and were a good ways from the island no one would see him :')) My poor DH (who is 6’6” and naked at this point) is bent over trying to retrieve his underwear but the cheering has him all flustered and it’s really windy. So the underwear end up flying over the balcony railing. At this point the people figure he’s doing a strip tease so they get even louder. He bends over again and hurriedly tries to get his dress pants on but because he’s still a little wet from our excursion the pants stick to his legs and he can’t get them up. He then starts dancing around and jumping up and down trying to get the pants up. At this point, the people on the party boat have gotten so loud that everyone and I mean everyone is out on deck looking up at him or on their balconies straining to see “the show.” I love this man dearly but I was no help as I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe. And his little show seemed to go on forever. :')

Next time someone asks if they should get a second cabin, a link to this story is mandatory!:D

This didn't happen to me; but I heard it on an elevator on a Royal Caribbean Ship.

These 2 elderly ladies (about 70 I would guess) get on the elevator and one says to the other "I really thought this was the SUNDAY elevator" and the other ones goes "I did too - because the SUNDAY elevator took us right to where we wanted to go. Now we will probably be late for dinner because we are on the MONDAY elevator."

It was all I could do to not bust out laughing.

For those that are not aware on Royal Caribbean ships they have the day of the week on the floor (on panels) and are changed daily after mid-night

Cruisinqt,

Too funny.

I haven't laughed that hard for ages. Thanks for sharing

You’re welcome! :D Ever since that incident each time we cruise I ask my DH if he’s going to put on another sexy show on the balcony for me and my poor shy guy blushes from head to toe every time.

Oh dear God, that poor man! I hope there are no videos or photos!! Wow, note to self to make sure no boats or anything around when changing!

No photos or videos but if there were some I’m sure it would have gone viral. Just remembering it gets me laughing all over again. :')

;p[q:halo:uote=joelheather;56493254]My wife went on the flow rider with a two piece bikini, left with a one piece.... :evilsmile:Took her about 10 sec. to realize it. Now I know why there is always a majority male crowd looking on. worst part I was recording her ride on my phone. Maybe i should delete it[emoji848]

What is your most embarrassing cruise memory?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2000 was our first cruise and it was on Celebrity. We get to the room and I realize that there is this small webcam looking thing by the T.V.. I see that it is on with Velcro so I turn it around. I don't want anyone taking pictures/video of us. I was hyper sensitive because there had been a few news stories about this happening at hotels and resorts.

Next day I turn on, no. Try to turn on the television. No go. So I let the room steward know. Later that day he sees me in the hall. "Mr. Mike television box turned around, that is why it doesn't work. No worries, we not taking pictures of you." And then I hear him giggle as he walks off.

2017, Baltics cruise on Princess... including St. Petersburg, Russia. As you may know, American tourists without (pre-arranged) visas must be accompanied by a tour guide. Fine, we said, after a day crammed in a van seeing museums, we'll do the "Vodka Tasting Tour".

Have I mentioned that I am the dictionary-definition of LIGHTWEIGHT?

They served us three teeny toast triangles, with caviar, salmon and tiny sour cucumbers. The fancy vodka came in tall, chilled shot glasses -- and you're supposed to bite a little not-a-pickle and drink them in ONE CHUG. No sipping!

A teenager barely old enough to be in the bar brings the first bottle, a lovely blue and silver label, and describes it to us in Russian. (Our tour guide translated, I think). It didn't matter.

The first one was DELICIOUS. I managed it in two big swallows, slammed the shotglass down and wiped my mouth. Whooo-HOOOO! And ate a toast square the size of a Triscuit cracker.

The second one came in a fancier bottle with a gold label. It was smoother than the first, and I stood up to drink it. YA-HOOODLE, it was good. I'm starting to feel warm now, and think I know the words to that song we heard earlier in the van, and I have notice that my chair wobbles slightly... so I experiment with rocking it to the beat of the song I am 'singing'.

Note... we have had just TWO drinks.

The third arrives, and the teenager is smirking while she pours the shots... filling mine up to the very, very top. I eat the last toast triangle, bite the teeny not-a-pickle, and admire the super-fancy filigree label on the bottle... while I carefully pick up the oversized shot.

YA-WABAAAAA! It went down smooth... by now the tour guide is high-fiving me, and my (completely sober, non-drinking) husband is starting to look for bathrooms. They have agreed that I am done. Whether or not there is another round on the menu.

DH walks me to the bathroom -- in Europe, many restaurants have a shared sink/vanity area, with individual stalls -- so he could take me by the arm all the way to the stall. Good thing, too, because the previous guest had left the seat up... and I was this close to falling in.

Although we'd walked several blocks from the parking area, 'somehow' the driver/guide had magically brought the van right to the door. We sang loudly to the radio on the way back to the port. OK, *I* sang loudly, the rest of the group joined in on the chorus.

When we reached the customs desk at the pier... I was still weaving. I slapped my passport on the counter, said "Hi, I love Russia" and slouched against the wall. She laughed out loud... "Tried the Vodka, huh?"

MY DH knows that I drink so rarely that a little goes a long way... and is always there to make sure that I have fun within safe limits. And is the first one to hand me the Advil in the morning.

My husband tries to step out to the balcony to 'fluff', rather than stink up the cabin. Last trip, we were in an interior cabin when the need arose... He stepped out to the hall, let one rip, and came back in. Moments later, a group came down the hall and were overcome by the cloud. I can still hear them gasping and groaning as the stumbled on to their cabin. Now we pack Febreze...

Sue Do-Over , I am crying here - I am laughing so hard as I also drink very little, and can relate....also about the “cloud”!! Too funny! (Both stories)! After reading so many complaints and whines on these boards, this is such a wonderful lite thread!

Sue Do-Over , I am crying here - I am laughing so hard as I also drink very little, and can relate....also about the “cloud”!! Too funny! (Both stories)! After reading so many complaints and whines on these boards, this is such a wonderful lite thread!

Me too!! Just read this. The story is hysterical because Sue tells it very well. And I drink lots of wine but I'm pretty sure those 3 shots would have knocked me out.