Recomendation for a Barcelona Hotel

We think a lot is about location. If you are interested in a very European Style hotel we would suggest the Hotel Colon. And if you can splurge a few extra Euros, try to book a room with a Cathedral view. The hotel is located in the very popular Gothic Quarter just across the street from the Cathedral.

Hank

Really liked Hotel 1898 on Las Ramblas. It's in an historic building with a roof top pool that offers a great view.

I also loved Hotel 1898 - the rooftop terrace was lovely, and I'd go up there every night for a glass of sangria and relax looking at my day's photos. Great location too.

We think a lot is about location. If you are interested in a very European Style hotel we would suggest the Hotel Colon. And if you can splurge a few extra Euros, try to book a room with a Cathedral view. The hotel is located in the very popular Gothic Quarter just across the street from the Cathedral.

Hank

I have stayed there twice with the cathedral. There are always some type of music or dancing going on in front of the cathedral. Loved opening the shutters and listening to it. The location is very handy. It is European style.

You didn’t ask but I am going to say it anyway, we did a private food tour, it was fantastic. We went from a neighborhood fisherman cafe to a bar that caters to white collar workers for lunch.

Jazz Hotel. Not expensive, convenient to Las Ramblas. We’re going again in November for the third time.

We're booked at the Jazz Hotel for next May....Have stayed at Hotel 1898...wanted something different this time.

My sister and I have stayed twice at hotel Jazz. Love the location. Not right in the chaos of Las Ramblas but close enough to Placa Catalunya. Staff is great, rooms are spacious, beds comfy.

We stayed at the Silken Ramblas post cruise in March and it was only 90€ on Hotels.com for a 4 star. It’s about a 5 minute walk from where the airport bus drops off and about 15 minutes down Las Ramblas to the Columbus monument bus to the port.

We really liked hotel universal Barcelona , really nice roof top bar and pool with great view of the city, it was about a ten minute walk from la rambles but loads of tapas places really close

We'll add a 2nd for Hotel Universal Barcelona. We have stayed there twice & enjoy the location, views from the roof top, the rooms, breakfast & service. It's very convenient to La Rambla, Tapas, the waterfront, tram, train... We stayed one time by the airport - not as convenient & another time at a small place adjacent to La Rambla - nice, just can't remember the name. Wherever you choose - ENJOY!!!