Room A223 Ruby Princess Reviews

Firsttimer9

Looking forward to cruise. Will be our first to Alaska. Wondered if anyone have any comments on room.

We’re there enough outlets, places to hang clothes, etc?

Concerned about motion since Room is so close to bow of ship. Thanks much

A201 is our absolute favorite cabin. A201 is five or six cabins more forward than yours, but the layout is the same, We have sailed in A201 on the Ruby Princess, the Crown Princess and the Emerald Princess. These three are sister ships and I do not believe that anybody can point to a significant difference between cabin A201 on these three. Just for completeness, we have also sailed in A201 on the Sapphire Princess, the Grand Princess and the Golden Princess. Again, these three are identical although slightly different from the first three.

When you ask about places to hang clothes, I assume you are referring to closet space. There is plenty of closet space in these cabins. Keep in mind that space is a sparse commodity on a ship. So, "plenty" is a relative term. There are numerous wooden clothes hangers for your use. If you need more hangers, your room steward can fix you up.

It's not clear if you were asking about this, but there is a line that can be pulled across the top of the shower for drying out wet clothes.

Yes, it is a shower stall with a plastic curtain--not a tub.

There are three electrical sockets for your use. The one in the bathroom is electric shavers, only. Do not plug your hair dryer into it.

(Speaking of hairdryers, there is one in the room. Some ladies do not think it is adequate. So, they bring their own. The provided one works fine for my wife.)

Continuing one with electrical sockets there are two--one on the corner desk, next to the telephone and one behind the TV screen. I think that we are like a lot of people in that our need for electrical power is to charge our electronic devices. Most of these devices can be charged via a USB port. What we have found very useful is a USB Charging Station such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Charger-Desktop-Charging-Technology/dp/B00OQ1CY2Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532124840&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+charger

We plug this into the socket behind the TV screen, and plug cell phones, tablets and cameras into it. Everything is nicely out of the way.

If you want to bring in a device to increase the number of socket, do not bring one with surge protection. They are not compatible with the ship's electrical wiring and are a fire hazard. Here is a device that does not have surge protection:

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Power-Strip-USB-Outlets/dp/B07BHVKPC3/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532126618&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=power+strip+without+surge+protector&psc=1

You did not ask, but there are cabins above you and below you--no public spaces. So, your cabin should be relatively quiet.

You're going to have a great cruise.

Have a CPAC machine. Is there a outlet near bed? Thanks much for suggestions and advice.

A201 is our absolute favorite cabin. A201 is five or six cabins more forward than yours, but the layout is the same, We have sailed in A201 on the Ruby Princess, the Crown Princess and the Emerald Princess. These three are sister ships and I do not believe that anybody can point to a significant difference between cabin A201 on these three. Just for completeness, we have also sailed in A201 on the Sapphire Princess, the Grand Princess and the Golden Princess. Again, these three are identical although slightly different from the first three.

When you ask about places to hang clothes, I assume you are referring to closet space. There is plenty of closet space in these cabins. Keep in mind that space is a sparse commodity on a ship. So, "plenty" is a relative term. There are numerous wooden clothes hangers for your use. If you need more hangers, your room steward can fix you up.

It's not clear if you were asking about this, but there is a line that can be pulled across the top of the shower for drying out wet clothes.

There are three electrical sockets for your use. The one in the bathroom is electric shavers, only. Do not plug your hair dryer into it.

(Speaking of hairdryers, there is one in the room. Some ladies do not think it is adequate. So, they bring their own. The provided one works fine for my wife.)

Continuing one with electrical sockets there are two--one on the corner desk, next to the telephone and one behind the TV screen. I think that we are like a lot of people in that our need for electrical power is to charge our electronic devices. Most of these devices can be charged via a USB port. What we have found very useful is a USB Charging Station such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Charger-Desktop-Charging-Technology/dp/B00OQ1CY2Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532124840&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+charger

We plug this into the socket behind the TV screen, and plug cell phones, tablets and cameras into it. Everything is nicely out of the way.

If you want to bring in a device to increase the number of socket, do not bring one with surge protection. They are not compatible with the ship's electrical wiring and are a fire hazard. Here is a device that does not have surge protection:

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Power-Strip-USB-Outlets/dp/B07BHVKPC3/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532126618&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=power+strip+without+surge+protector&psc=1

You did not ask, but there are cabins above you and below you--no public spaces. So, your cabin should be relatively quiet.

Have a CPAC machine. Is there a outlet near bed? Thanks much for suggestions and advice.

Bring an extension cord. I would estimate 6 ft. should be fine. Again, make sure your extension cord does not have surge protection. I've read, here on Cruise Critic, that if you forget to bring an extension cord, you can ask the room steward for one. My personal preference would be to take care of it, myself, rather than completely rely on what I've read on Cruise Critic.

Did you use laundromat or have any done by staff? If so, what was the basic charges. Thank you so much!:)

You can also contact the Guest Services office for your cruiseline and they will supply you with distilled water for your machine. You should contact them in advance of sailing.

In addition to the self-serve laundries, the ship does offer laundry/cleaning service. The price is comparable, I assume, to a similar service offered by a hotel. Pricing is by piece. On our last cruise we sent out four or five days' worth of laundry--underwear, sox, shirts, sweaters--and were charged $51. Turnaround was about 30 hours.

• 2 weeks later...