where is dock in Victoria?

We like to walk it but it is about a 30 minute walk.

They run a shuttle back and forth between the port and city centre.

Keith

Would you happen to have a rough idea of the times and how often they run and where in the city center they drop you off? And if there is a fee>

Since we don't dock until 6pm on a Friday night, we were thinking of catching a ride and checking out the Chinatown/Fan Tan Alley and walking back........

Would you happen to have a rough idea of the times and how often they run and where in the city center they drop you off? And if there is a fee>

Yes, in my opinion it is highly overpriced, at least $11.00 per person RT. A taxi for 4 people would be less than that, and it is definitely walkable along flat ground if you are fairly fit and up for it.

Thanks, Keith and Langley.

We may just cab it up and walk it back - I do want to stop at a couple of cigar shops on the way back to pick up some overpriced Cubans and be able to not have to hide them when we disembark, lol!

Bus #30 or 31 will take you downtown for $5 CAD day pass, they are right outside the port gate. I am aware of the late arrival at 6pm. Taxi will be good if you have a group of 3 or 4. Once you get to Chinatown, is easy to walk back to port of Victoria (Ogden Point) if mobility is not an issue.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Forums mobile app

Thanks Goldie.

Mobility is not an issue as much as time constraints. Just concerned that the bus may take as long as the walk would as well as if there would be any issues using USD to pay the fare.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Goldie.

Mobility is not an issue as much as time constraints. Just concerned that the bus may take as long as the walk would as well as if there would be any issues using USD to pay the fare.......

Than I would walk out and back from Ogden Point. It's very close. You will see lot of cruisers head out to the left of port. First stop will be Fishermen wraft, than along the water soon will be the Fairmont Empress hotel. Along the road in front of the hotel is Government Street and will take you to Chinatown. Reverse back to port.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Forums mobile app

...We have an odd time there - 2pm to i think 9pm. it will be dark by probably 630pm. not sure what we will do, we may even just stay on the ship.

Oh my goodness, no no! That is a perfect time. You can do many things. Please read through the threads here as there are many - lots to do with 7 hours in port. Checking your signature and previous posts, I see your cruise is in September, and it certainly won't be dark at 6:30. Quickly checking an online chart yet not knowing your dates, sunset for Victoria could be anywhere from 7:13 to 7:56 pm. It will not be dark. PLEASE get off the ship. Victoria is amazing.

Thanks, Keith and Langley.

We may just cab it up and walk it back - I do want to stop at a couple of cigar shops on the way back to pick up some overpriced Cubans and be able to not have to hide them when we disembark, lol!

If you take a cab, you can get them to drop you at Cigar shop and then walk back. I am not into cigars, but know several people who are. The two famous ones in Victoria are Good fellows Cigar Shop (on Store St.) and the other is Cuban Cigar Shop (on Fort St.). Both have websites.

Oh my goodness, no no! That is a perfect time. You can do many things. Please read through the threads here as there are many - lots to do with 7 hours in port. Checking your signature and previous posts, I see your cruise is in September, and it certainly won't be dark at 6:30. Quickly checking an online chart yet not knowing your dates, sunset for Victoria could be anywhere from 7:13 to 7:56 pm. It will not be dark. PLEASE get off the ship. Victoria is amazing.

You should get off the ship. If you are looking to see the city turn left as you leave the port. If you just want a quite walk along the sea wall with head right.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned yesterday and a quick follow up.

We got off the ship and thought about taking a pedicab to Chinatown- they wanted $50 for the two of us. Told them we just wanted a cab ride and they told us $40. Walked another 50 feet to another cab lined manned by a port employee and the city cab was only $12 CDN

We got off the ship and thought about taking a pedicab to Chinatown- they wanted $50 for the two of us...

Hmm, well the pedi-cabs are more of an experience than a mode of transportation, in my opinion. Glad the cab was more reasonable. We have been figuring $10.00 from pier to DT so it wasn't out of line.

Did you get your cigars?

You're right about the pedicab being an experience but they also had cabs and wouldn't take less than $40 even though I asked for just a straight ride with no tour. Glad I stopped at the next cab line and asked. Just make sure to look for the line with blue city cab Priuses manned by a port employee in a yellow vest.

And yes - I stopped at Good Fellas! But just as an FYI, Cuban Cigar Store has a much better selection based on their website but closed before we could get there.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums