Boston HOHO ~ which one? pros and cons

funtimex2

I can't decide on which HOHO in Boston to use. Those that have used either City View or Old Town Trolley, please give me suggestions both pro and con. Got to make a decision soon so I can finish up with my cruise plans. Thanks

I can't decide on which HOHO in Boston to use. Those that have used either City View or Old Town Trolley, please give me suggestions both pro and con. Got to make a decision soon so I can finish up with my cruise plans. Thanks

There have been mixed reviews on the trolleys. Seems to be related to the day of the week, weather, and number of ships. I believe Old Town Trolley has a bigger fleet.

You're going to be there on a Sat. There are 2 other ships in port (Veendam and Silver Whisper). Weather is looking good on Sat.

What are your sightseeing objectives in Boston?

There have been mixed reviews on the trolleys. Seems to be related to the day of the week, weather, and number of ships. I believe Old Town Trolley has a bigger fleet.

You're going to be there on a Sat. There are 2 other ships in port (Veendam and Silver Whisper). Weather is looking good on Sat.

What are your sightseeing objectives in Boston?

Historical sights, Cheers, Old North Church, Freedom Trail

Historical sights, Cheers, Old North Church, Freedom Trail

It's difficult to advise you. Staying on the Trolley for an entire round trip will give you a big picture of Boston. However, there are many sites in Old Boston that the Trolley cannot drive by, particularly the ones like the Old North church in the North End. These are accessible on foot and the Freedom Trail is designed to be a walking route through Old Boston that goes by the many historical sites that are sandwiched in among newer downtown buildings. Perhaps your best strategy is to ride the entire route first to identify the places that interest you the most.

We just returned from spending 2 days post cruise in Boston. The 1st day, we did Old Town Trolley which included a harbor cruise. The 2nd day we walked part of the Freedom Trail and took our time visiting places of interest. If it were my 1st time visiting, I would do Old Town Trolley. It was a great tour.

We were there last month and did the opposite. Day 1 walked the Freedom Trail and Day 2 did the Old Town Trolley. If you are taking the trolley I recommend doing Charlestown on the trolley day and not walking to it on the trail. That last part of the walk when we were tired was brutal. As we were around town we saw more Old Town Trolleys. However, if you are staying on, then it might not make a difference.