3 Ships at HMC -- March 12!!!

Krazy Kruizers

Copied from the Carnival thread.

Monday 12 March, 2018

ms Eurodam (arriving at 08:00 - departing at 16:00)

ms Zuiderdam (arriving at 08:00 - departing at 14:00)

Carnival Conquest (arriving at 09:00 - departing at 17:00)

This means three ships with a total passenger capacity of 6,942 passengers. The island would be overwhelmed.

Copied from the Carnival thread.

Monday 12 March, 2018

ms Eurodam (arriving at 08:00 - departing at 16:00)

ms Zuiderdam (arriving at 08:00 - departing at 14:00)

Carnival Conquest (arriving at 09:00 - departing at 17:00)

This means three ships with a total passenger capacity of 6,942 passengers. The island would be overwhelmed.

I think originally it was only the Zuiderdam and Conquest but the Eurodam has been a recent add (the "Gaither Homecoming Cruise" which is a full ship charter). Maybe that sailing had a different itinerary when first scheduled? :confused:

Edited by joepeka

In the past when this has listed this way, the Carnival ship will change it's itinerary. The only reason I would doubt this happening this time is the number of islands damaged in the hurricanes may be forcing this situation on us.

Absolutely, when this sort of HMC thing has happened in the past, the Carnival ship has always had to change its itinerary.

Even this year with all of the hurricane damage, guessing the two HAL ships with go to HMC and the Carnival ship will end up going to Nassau or Freeport. :confused:

Absolutely, when this sort of HMC thing has happened in the past, the Carnival ship has always had to change its itinerary.

Even this year with all of the hurricane damage, guessing the two HAL ships with go to HMC and the Carnival ship will end up going to Nassau or Freeport. :confused:

I think you are right. Two ships is busy. Handling 3 ships would be crazy.

I can't imagine 3 ships at HMC, 2 is manageable but 3 would be unmanageable IMHO. And I have never seen a Carnival ship at HMC when HAL is there. Hope that doesn't change otherwise I will be staying onboard and enjoying the ship.

This past March we were there on the Zuiderdam while the Nieuw Amsterdam had arrived first. The NA used the big tenders and we had to use the lifeboat tenders.

It was definitely more crowded than it was when we had been there a couple years ago as the only ship on the Westerdam. We planned ahead though, and went ashore after the big rush for just a couple of hours so we could walk the beach. We passed on the BBQ lunch believing it would be crowded and opted instead to have a late lunch once we returned to the ship around 1pm.

I can't imagine what it would be like with another 2k people on the island.

3 ships at once would be crazy! We've been to HMC 3 times so far (1 NA, 2 Eurodam) and every time, like ski ww, we were the only ship there.

I'd hate to stay on board an miss the BBQ lunch (mmm burger, mini-ribs and pineapple slices!) and a drink or two at Captain Morgans shipwreck bar :D

dh

I could be wrong, but I thought I’ve been told that a Carnival ship and HAL ship never go to HMC at the same time because of all of the pricing differences of the island amenities.
That's one of the logistics problems ... but there have been reports on this forum of it happening at least once when a Carnival ship diverted from its planned Bahamas stop.

I think you are right. Two ships is busy. Handling 3 ships would be crazy.

I agree.

I can picture a most unpleasant visit to HMC on that day. I would stay on my HAL ship. Picture the line trying to get ten der back to our ship.... the line at lunch. the crowd on the beach.......... groan. No way.

Edited by sail7seas

That's one of the logistics problems ... but there have been reports on this forum of it happening at least once when a Carnival ship diverted from its planned Bahamas stop.

I found out today that the Carnival ship scheduled to be in port on March 12 with Zuiderdam and Eurodam has had it's schedule altered and won't be there that day. It's call to HMC was moved to later in the itinerary. Now it's just two HAL ships fighting over the island! :)

I found out today that the Carnival ship scheduled to be in port on March 12 with Zuiderdam and Eurodam has had it's schedule altered and won't be there that day. It's call to HMC was moved to later in the itinerary. Now it's just two HAL ships fighting over the island! :)

I mentioned a few posts back that the Carnival ships scheduled for HMC on the same day would be assigned to another port.