Soda Fountain Valu Card

Snowbaby369

After reading this I chatted this morning with Jessica, who said it's only for fountain drinks before dropping the chat. Calling the customer service number got me Sean, who asked and then also said it's only for fountain drinks. They fill a glass and hand it to you.

This is the way it was when I had one of these soda cards (which I bought onboard) in 2015. I thought it was great that I would get sodas for half price until I tasted them.:eek: Now I buy a can when I feel like it. Wish they had decent iced tea.;)

It is a Coke Freestyle machine like you might find in some fast-food restaurants. You can get your base soda then it has about 5-10 different flavors that can be added to the base, basically creating your own personal soda.

There are two machines beside one another by the Lido bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. :)

Recently off the NA. My wife and I had two cards for 12 days. It was $2.24 a glass (maybe higher when in port). Ginger Ale was available.

The size of the glass fluctuated by bar and bartender. I received pint glasses most of the time but sometimes it was a half pint glass. They were good at not filling the glasses with too much ice. I thought it was a good deal vs buying cans.

Thanks for all the info. I think we should wait and buy it on bourd. The freestyle machine sounds interesting, and a LOT of flavours.....can't imagine!

That would really depend on which size machine it is. I've started seeing counter top sized machines that don't have anywhere the selection of the full sized ones. Does anyone know if they are the full size, like a refrigerator, or counter tops on the ship?

That would really depend on which size machine it is. I've started seeing counter top sized machines that don't have anywhere the selection of the full sized ones. Does anyone know if they are the full size, like a refrigerator, or counter tops on the ship?

They are full-sized.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really don't think the sofa card is a good value. They seem to give small glasses with ice for around 2$ and I find the sofa has a bit of a funny taste (varies ship by ship)

I find it to be a better value to buy a can and get ice and the can will fill at least 2 glasses with ice....

I really don't think the sofa card is a good value. They seem to give small glasses with ice for around 2$ and I find the sofa has a bit of a funny taste (varies ship by ship) ....

If the HAL soda didn't have "a funny taste", would the small glasses for $2 be a good value? Or, if the "funny" tasting soda were served in large/larger glasses for less than $2, would that be a good value? Just curious.:confused::confused::confused:

This is how I look at the value. They charge you $2.24 (includes gratuity) for a soda card soda. A pint glass with some ice takes 11-12oz of soda. A can is 12oz. How much is a can on HAL? I think $2.25 + 15% gratuity. If they serve you a pint glass its a great value as you only paid $1.12 for it. If they give you a half pint glass you are still saving a little. Most bars gave me a pint glass and some bars used cans to fill the glass.

If the HAL soda didn't have "a funny taste", would the small glasses for $2 be a good value? Or, if the "funny" tasting soda were served in large/larger glasses for less than $2, would that be a good value? Just curious.:confused::confused::confused:

Even if the soda tasted fine I don't think it's a good value unless you can convince every bartender to give you a big glass. The one time I did it they gave those small slim glasses and with ice you barely got any beverage. I actually bought a can of Coke and got one of the small glasses with ice and it filled it up at least 2 times