I Want a Tile!!

e3g

So my dh, ds and myself all gold on Carnival would be Mariner 1 when we go on the Zuiderdam in December. What do we need to spend to get us to Mariner 2
You need 30 cruise day credits. The fastest but most expensive way would be to sail 10 days in a suite and spend $300 per day on board. The slowest, cheapest way is to sail 30 days in a low level inside cabin. That $300 /day would be the total for all occupants in the cabin on the same booking. Edited by catl331

You need 30 cruise day credits. The fastest but most expensive way would be to sail 10 days in a suite and spend $300 per day on board. The slowest, cheapest way is to sail 30 days in a low level inside cabin. That $300 /day would be the total for all occupants in the cabin on the same booking.

Do purchases acquired thru the website count eg excursions, drink cards

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do purchases acquired thru the website count eg excursions, drink cards

Yes, as does the daily Hotel Service Charge ... but only the first two people in a cabin get the $300 /day spending bonus points, and there is a cap on that of the number of cruise days. Say there are 3 in a suite on a 7-day cruise and the total spent by all three combined is $2400. All three get 14 credits for being in a suite, but only two get 7 more for spending $2100 or more. And it doesn't make any difference which days the money is spent - it could all be on one day or spread out. Edited by catl331

Sail that is such a clever idea with the tiles. I should think where I can use mine. I find it interesting how much they have changed over the years.

Thanks , Bev. If I knew how to post photos, I would but I have no idea and no smart phone. The other idea I thoug]t to tr y was to use some of the stack of tiles we have as backsplash when we rebuilt our kitchen some years ago. I changed my mind and did not have the contractors do tthat.

Not only have the designs changed over the years, there are different sizes and shapes for special cruises. We have those for the last voyage of the Statendam, the christening Cruise of the Koningsdam, and initial voyage of the Volendam.

If you do not go to the Mariner lunch, or if they do not hand them out there (it happens), just go to the front desk and ask for one.

Sometimes when we miss the lunch, the tiles have appeared in our stateroom, within a day or two.

Cheers,

FYI. If one looks at the Main HAL corporate site and referrs to the Mariners button all the tiles are listed and posted from day one etc. with pictures and some stories. Also just back off the Prinsendam and we got our tiles. Colakid.

FYI. If one looks at the Main HAL corporate site and referrs to the Mariners button all the tiles are listed and posted from day one etc. with pictures and some stories.
I know there used to be a link to them on this MARINER SOCIETY PAGE but it's no longer there. Can you give a specific link? Thanks

p.s. I found THIS PAGE, but it stops at 2006

Edited by catl331

Tile? I never heard of a tile...

Had our first HAL cruise last July on the Neiw Amsterdam. I never got a tile. :loudcry:

I feel cheated.

Not cheated, since this was your first HAL cruise (so you were not invited to the Mariner lunch where they are given out).

Why oh why do some people refer to Holland America or Holland America Line or even HAL as 'Holland'.

Holland (Netherlands) is a country in Europe.

For the same reason the people refer to Carnival Cruise Line as Carnival or the same reason that people refer to Walt Disney World as Disney. People say what they want.

We always say Holland America, or on here HAL, but that is our choice.

We were on the Westerdam last year and it was announced they had not received their shipment of tiles. I waited a few weeks after getting home to see if they would be shipped. They weren't. I called the Mariner Society to have them shipped assuming that we would get my wife's and mine.. We received one tile because I was the one who called!

Just off Eurodam and we had the same announcement. I will also wait a couple of weeks and see if they are shipped.

• 1 year later...

I was going to use my tiles as backsplash, I thought we were in our forever home, but knowing how life can throw you a curve, I just held on them.

two moves later, I have now used them as an accent row on two 5 foot benches, and a small table with a shelf.

if we move again, they go with us.