Current Open Hotels in San Juan

SeaTrailer

We are staying 2 nights Pre Cruise November 23 - 25th. 1st reservation, Caribe Hilton Lagoon Villas officially cancelled us today. 2nd reservation, Embassy Suites officially cancelled us today, 3rd reservation, InterContinental I called today to confirm and was officially cancelled.

Made a reservation today for Best Western Condado, might change flights to arrive day of cruise rather than dealing with these hotel problems.

Just booked flights to escape from the PR hotel nightmare. Hopefully flights don’t cancel. My $135 each flight to Boston on 11/14 just turned into a $350 each flight on 11/12 with a 3 day stop in Orlando. Oh and a $533 hotel bill. I am pissed off big time. NCL should have cancelled cruise or make arrangements for people with flights booked days after disembarkment. Good luck to those still staying.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are doing B2B cruises on Summit, Nov 11 & 18. Our three adult children are joining us on the Nov 18 cruise. Our plan was for them to fly into SJU on Friday (11/17) so that would could explore Old San Juan and the forts on Saturday.

Yesterday, I got my 4th hotel cancellation notice. Basically, what's happening is legions of relief and reconstruction workers are pouring into PR and they need a place to stay. They go to the hotel and say, "We want to buy out the entire hotel for the next 60 days." And like a full-ship charter, this means they cancel all existing reservations.

The Intercontinental called me yesterday, and explained exactly what was going on. I appreciate them taking the time to call me personally from PR. I have also gotten email cancellations from two Sheratons. The Holiday Inn Express Condado never initiated contact. I called them and was told any Nov 17 reservation is cancelled because they are booked by a large group.

Reading the news, I think this situation is going to get worse before it gets better. All of these relief and reconstruction groups are rapidly staffing up their Puerto Rico presence - as they should be.

I am running out of hotels to book and have no reason to believe they will not eventually be cancelled. I am finally conceding defeat. Last night, I changed all the kids reservations to fly into SJU on the first Saturday AM flight. Fortunately, early a.m. nonstop flights are still available.

The kids were a little disappointed. But, they are young and Old San Juan will still be there when they return some day.

Update on Hotel Milano....I emailed them on October 9th and early the next morning I had a reply. The hotel plans on being fully operational in 3-4 weeks. No exact date was given, my reservation is for December 2nd and the word plan scares me slightly.

Update on Hotel Milano....I emailed them on October 9th and early the next morning I had a reply. The hotel plans on being fully operational in 3-4 weeks. No exact date was given, my reservation is for December 2nd and the word plan scares me slightly.

Hotel Milano cancelled our reservation for Nov. 23-25 (5 weeks away) two days ago. I hope it is open for you on Dec. 2. We booked Sandy Beach Hotel through booking.com and I can't get the hotel to answer an email or answer the phone. Dates are blocked out for the rest of Oct. in booking sites, but all open for Nov. I'm am not certain we will have a hotel, as I am afraid they are going to find out they can't reopen before Dec. We need 4 rooms, so it's been a trial finding a hotel in our budget. If Hotel Milano is in fact going to be open in 3-4 weeks, I would like to stay there, so we'd be in Old San Juan. *sigh*

Small B&B near Condado, Tres Palmas Inn. We're staying in February, but according to their Facebook page, they are operational now. Not a lot of rooms, but worth trying if you can't find anything else. We prefer these more boutique style inns over big hotel chains.

We originally had Intercontinental for Sunday Nov 26 but they called to cancel today even though they said on Monday that they were open. New date for them according to direct call is December 31. We did speak to and book for Nov 26 for $219 the Doubletree San Juan who said also from a direct call that they are currently open and accepting reservations...

We originally had Intercontinental for Sunday Nov 26 but they called to cancel today even though they said on Monday that they were open. New date for them according to direct call is December 31. We did speak to and book for Nov 26 for $219 the Doubletree San Juan who said also from a direct call that they are currently open and accepting reservations...

Thanks for the post, we just booked a room for November 23rd and 24th at Doubletree, we were ready to change our flight plans.

1. Caribe Hilton - Cancelled us

2. Embassy Suites - Cancelled us

3. Intercontinental - Cancelled us

Keep in mind that the 219 price on the Doubletree does not include taxes and resort fees, so it is pretty much $300/night. They are running on generators so there will no pool available. I know because I was booked there. Too iffy for us.

Thanks for the post, we just booked a room for November 23rd and 24th at Doubletree, we were ready to change our flight plans.

1. Caribe Hilton - Cancelled us

2. Embassy Suites - Cancelled us

3. Intercontinental - Cancelled us

When did Embassy Suites cancel you? I have a reservation there in December and it has not been canceled yet.

When did Embassy Suites cancel you? I have a reservation there in December and it has not been canceled yet.

I called them directly yesterday (local Number), they are in the process of notifying everyone and hadn't got to me yet, received an e-mail within minutes after talking to them cancelling the reservation.

Keep in mind that the 219 price on the Doubletree does not include taxes and resort fees, so it is pretty much $300/night. They are running on generators so there will no pool available. I know because I was booked there. Too iffy for us.

All 3 restaurants and Pool are open and running (Facebook Page).

We are booked at Sheraton OSJ both pre and post cruise starting mid December. Our TA called this week and spoke directly with the property and they confirmed they would be honoring reservations starting 12/1.

I also confirmed on another site that this property is being used by FEMA etc.

These stories on this thread make me wonder just how secure that guarantee is.....

We had a reservation at the Comfort Inn for the 27th, called today to confirm and they cancelled it due to the hotel being "not suitable". Not sure what happened since people have reported staying there with no issues last week, but if you are booked there I would definitely call.

Not on topic; however, we are confirmed at CasaBlanca. I emailed today to ask should we bring flashlight and reply was, "Sure, good idea." Winter is coming -- or earlier darkness.

I always travel with a flashlight. I have a feeling I may finally use it, [emoji15]

We aren’t sailing until March and we are only staying one night. I’ll manage ... at least I hope so. We are booked at El Convento.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For anyone counting on the HI Express in Condado in November...don't.

We had a reservation for November 11. I emailed them on October 12 to confirm. I finally heard back from them a few hours ago telling me that all reservations for November have been cancelled.

Thankfully, we had already made other arrangements.

We had a reservation at the Comfort Inn for the 27th, called today to confirm and they cancelled it due to the hotel being "not suitable". Not sure what happened since people have reported staying there with no issues last week, but if you are booked there I would definitely call.

I called this morning to confirm a third time and my reservation is still confirmed. When I asked if they were cancelling reservations she stated no, unless the generators stop working. Guess we still could be sleeping at the airport....who knows.

We are sailing on Celebrity Summit on Nov 25th, flying into San Juan on the 23rd. American Airlines is offering no fee changes if you qualify, see the following from their web page:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/travel-alerts.jsp

This was super helpful, thanks for posting. I changed flights & American was going to charge me $150 to re-bank the additional 10k miles my original flight used. I called back referencing this notice & the agent looked it up & waived the fee. Thanks so much! Bonus: new flight is less miles:halo:

Facebook saved us big time. First we heard regular updates in FB from our original hotel that we had to cancel, then also on FB I found the Casablanca regularly updates AND replies quickly. A good positive adventurous spirit has gotten us so excited to get to San Juan. We get there 3 days before our summit cruise. Thank you to all the wonderful uplifting posts and CC members. We are so glad we didn't change a thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Forums mobile app

I think Stellaris? I would try calling them directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is my latest update.

As per Sheraton webpage, all San Juan hotel are not accepting reservation until the first of the year.

Comfort Inn has cancelled reservations, without notifying customers.

On the website listed above for daily status of hotels, it is miss leading. Hotels are showing open and yet not accepting reservation. The reason why is they are housing the workers.

We are booked at Sheraton OSJ both pre and post cruise starting mid December. Our TA called this week and spoke directly with the property and they confirmed they would be honoring reservations starting 12/1.

I also confirmed on another site that this property is being used by FEMA etc.

These stories on this thread make me wonder just how secure that guarantee is.....

You may want to check with Sheraton again. My reservation for 12/1-3rd was cancelled. They are not accepting any reservation until 2018. I called Starwood and they talked to the hotel. I would call Starwood directly. I have life time status with them and they called me personally to tell me about my cancellation.