How is disembarkation in Buenos Aires?

pompeii

I've been reading that disembarking in BA is a little hectic. We're on the Crown Princess, ending in BA on 2/1/17. We dock at 7am. Like most people, our flight isn't until later in the evening so we have the day to kill. We've found a private tour operator who'll pick us up at 8 that morning at the port, take us around for the day, then drop us off at the airport by 6pm that evening. So far, so good.

But now I'm reading that passengers can't walk off the ship with luggage in BA due to having to shuttle from the dock to the port building. And that once you get off the shuttle, you have to mill around looking for luggage, then wait in an immigration line before you can actually leave. All of which takes awhile.....

Those of you who disembarked in BA over the last year or so, was that your experience? How long did it take you to get to the point where you could actually leave the port and be on your way?

Buenos Aires is an industrial port so you must take the shuttle to the front terminal area.

Don't rush. You have the day to tour. I would arrange for a 9:00 AM pickup so you have no pressure of getting off.

Keith

Thanks for the reply, Keith. Our tour is on a boat in the delta, so we need to get as early a start as possible. Especially since our guide says traffic in BA can be a nightmare so we will have to wrap things up around 4pm, 5 at the latest, to get us from the marina to the airport to leave us time for check in, etc.

We're doing the city tour the day before, and we chose this boat tour on disembarkation day because we can leave our bags in his vehicle while on the boat and he is willing to take us to the airport afterwards. Really simplified things for us.

• 2 weeks later...

It will depend how many ships are in port too. When we disembarked from Hurtigruten FRAM we were the only ship in port and we arrived by shuttle to the departure hall and had to wait for our luggage which hadnt even arrived! They got all unloaded and then it was a line up for our cases to be X-rayed then out of the building. This may be because our passports had already been cleared by immigration on board. Don't know whether this happens with all cruise lines! Others can answer that. So for us from disembarkation to walking out to our pickup for the airport was about 20 minutes at max.

• 8 months later...
I've been reading that disembarking in BA is a little hectic. We're on the Crown Princess, ending in BA on 2/1/17. We dock at 7am. Like most people, our flight isn't until later in the evening so we have the day to kill. We've found a private tour operator who'll pick us up at 8 that morning at the port, take us around for the day, then drop us off at the airport by 6pm that evening. So far, so good.

But now I'm reading that passengers can't walk off the ship with luggage in BA due to having to shuttle from the dock to the port building. And that once you get off the shuttle, you have to mill around looking for luggage, then wait in an immigration line before you can actually leave. All of which takes awhile.....

Those of you who disembarked in BA over the last year or so, was that your experience? How long did it take you to get to the point where you could actually leave the port and be on your way?

How did it work out for you? We are planning to disembark in Buenos Aires a day early during the first day of an overnight stop. Did you or anyone on this forum see how that is accomplished? When go thru customs/immigration and how get luggage? Can one leave the ship anytime or must wait for certain times. Can we even leave the ship with our luggage the first day of an overnight? We hoped we could spend the day touring then return to ship around 4pm to get our luggage from cabin then leave ship and head to airport-any of this possible?

• 6 months later...
Hi There! I give you this blog to have an idea of all the trip.

The disembark in Buenos Aires is not the best experience but is how it is.

Be careful about tour operators , try to go back with some hours in advance as traffic could be a problem.

Contac:liz2arg@yahoo.com

http://v2.travelark.org/travel-blog-entry/rambling_roamer/4/1457712022

Can any body help us with some ideas and suggestions

We are cruising celebrity February 2018 desembarquencion around 9 a m our flight same day at 10 p m we don't know what to do in Ba for 12 Hours with our luggage any suggestions please

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can any body help us with some ideas and suggestions

We are cruising celebrity February 2018 desembarquencion around 9 a m our flight same day at 10 p m we don't know what to do in Ba for 12 Hours with our luggage any suggestions please

We have a similar situation with an overnight in BA. We plan to tour the first day, but would like to disembark around 3:00 am in order to make a flight from AEP to the Falls. Can anyone comment on their experience with a similar disembark process? Thanks for your reply.

We have a similar situation with an overnight in BA. We plan to tour the first day, but would like to disembark around 3:00 am in order to make a flight from AEP to the Falls. Can anyone comment on their experience with a similar disembark process? Thanks for your reply.

3:00 AM ? What time is your flight to Iguazu? AEP is only 10 minutes from the port.

3:00 AM ? What time is your flight to Iguazu? AEP is only 10 minutes from the port.

6:45 am Thought it was further. But we would still need to leave about 4:30 am. Do you know if there will be a shuttle to the port exit at that time? I would think a pre-arranged driver would not be allowed into the port. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

6:45 am Thought it was further. But we would still need to leave about 4:30 am. Do you know if there will be a shuttle to the port exit at that time? I would think a pre-arranged driver would not be allowed into the port. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I have only disembarked in BA once. The times may be different for different cruise lines or vary by how busy the port is, but our experience was that the shuttle did not run that early and Argentina customs/immigration Did not open until well after the shuttle dropped people off.

You can arrange private transportation from outside the customs area. The driver will wait for you. But you are right, private cars can't pick you up ship side.

TurBus has a shuttle for $10 US pp, but I doubt they run that early. They have a kiosk in the port terminal, so you could ask the day before. Otherwise, you're probably stuck taking one of the overpriced taxis - $30 to AEP.

When we went, we had booked an 11am flight to Iguazu. Our cruise was from Rio to BA. The ship was to continue on to the Falklands and beyond. It was the first such itinerary for Seabourn. Apparently the locals took issue with the ship going on to the Falklands decided to stage a protest (still upset over the Falklands War). So no passengers were allowed to disembark for several hours. Many passengers missed connecting flights. I think we finally got off around 10am. Luckily our flight was delayed and we made it. I say all this for you to allow extra time. You never know what can happen. We had made arrangements in advance for a private airport transfer. (found on TA).

When we went, we had booked an 11am flight to Iguazu. Our cruise was from Rio to BA. The ship was to continue on to the Falklands and beyond. It was the first such itinerary for Seabourn. Apparently the locals took issue with the ship going on to the Falklands decided to stage a protest (still upset over the Falklands War). So no passengers were allowed to disembark for several hours. Many passengers missed connecting flights. I think we finally got off around 10am. Luckily our flight was delayed and we made it. I say all this for you to allow extra time. You never know what can happen. We had made arrangements in advance for a private airport transfer. (found on TA).

How recent was that cruise?

Most of the posts here have concerned disembarking passengers to Buenos Aires. We are on an extended cruise where B.A. is a port call (2 days) for us, but is also the end of a cruise segment for some and other new passengers boarding for the next segment.

My question is, as a continuing passenger just looking to get off the ship in the morning for an excursion, is there a simpler process like a lot of ports where the ship is pre-cleared and we just leave, or do we clear customs as though we were on a turn-around day? I am trying to understand if we can fairly quickly shuttle from ship to port building and then exit and be on our way if not travelling and no luggage.

Most of the posts here have concerned disembarking passengers to Buenos Aires. We are on an extended cruise where B.A. is a port call (2 days) for us, but is also the end of a cruise segment for some and other new passengers boarding for the next segment.

My question is, as a continuing passenger just looking to get off the ship in the morning for an excursion, is there a simpler process like a lot of ports where the ship is pre-cleared and we just leave, or do we clear customs as though we were on a turn-around day? I am trying to understand if we can fairly quickly shuttle from ship to port building and then exit and be on our way if not travelling and no luggage.

Last winter we were on a Valparaiso to Rio cruise where some passengers disembarked in Buenos Aires. For continuing passengers like us it was just another excursion day - we walked through the port building and met our guide outside.

Last winter we were on a Valparaiso to Rio cruise where some passengers disembarked in Buenos Aires. For continuing passengers like us it was just another excursion day - we walked through the port building and met our guide outside.

Beautiful. Thanks for responding. We have a plane to catch at nearby AEP for P. Iguazu, and LATAM just announced a 1/2 hr earlier departure for our booked flight. Helps us at the destination, but I hope they don't move it any more!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is a small entrance that change if you have luggage or if you dont.

If you hire a personal guide as we did is perfect as she was with the cell connected all time and we never felt lost.

Find her at trip advisor or read her simple blog at

lizflor2 at blogspot dot com

(liz2arg at yahoo dot com)

Cruise arrives in port at 5 AM on Sunday, Feb. 18.

Q: Can we make our flight out of EZE at 10 AM?

Larry

Check with the cruise line about the earliest time you can disembark and what their recommendations are for flight times. Princess recommends not booking flights before noon on disembarkation days. EZE airport is 45 minutes to an hour from the port in normal traffic.

• 4 months later...
Has anyone disembarked a day early from a Princess ship that ends with (2 days) in Buenos Aires? Any details about how to go about arranging this?

Contact Princess with your request and they will make the arrangements with the Argentinian authorities to clear you off the ship a day early. Get written verification that you have permission from Princess. When you board make sure you confirm the plan and the timing of your disembarkation with passenger services.

Contact Princess with your request and they will make the arrangements with the Argentinian authorities to clear you off the ship a day early. Get written verification that you have permission from Princess. When you board make sure you confirm the plan and the timing of your disembarkation with passenger services.

Thank you. Did you do this in Buenos Aires?

Thank you. Did you do this in Buenos Aires?

No I didn't. We were only in port for one day but a number of fellow cruisers disembarked there because they didn't want to go through the hassle and cost of obtaining a visa for Brazil (our cruise ended in Rio). Day early disembarkations are common on British Isles cruises too where the last port before disembarkation in Southampton is Le Havre, France. Some folks like to disembark there and head into Paris to extend their vacations.