Behind the Scenes...

Ready 2 Go

I loved the tour more on the Vista then on the other ships. the crew areas on the vista seemed more closer together on deck 0 compared to other ships. it seems to be less walking on the vista then other ships

We did it on Glory in February and really got to see things that we enjoyed - the food refrigerators were amazing! You get a picture with the captain on the bridge & other surprises!

How do you book this tour? On the ship? Or in advance like an excursion?

on the ship at the shore excursion desk ASAP!!...make it the first thing you do when you board the ship. it sells out fast, they only have two groups of about 24 people.

We've done the "behind the scenes" back when it was free. If you've never done one, I would say it is "worth the price" - consider it an excursion, and budget for it. You'll never look at a cruise the same way again (in a good way) and you'll likely never consider removing the gratuities either. You will see just how many people are making that ship a success. It's not just the faces you see.

We've done the "behind the scenes" back when it was free. If you've never done one, I would say it is "worth the price" - consider it an excursion, and budget for it. You'll never look at a cruise the same way again (in a good way) and you'll likely never consider removing the gratuities either. You will see just how many people are making that ship a success. It's not just the faces you see.

That's very cool. I think I will surprise my kids with it and count it as a "Nassau" excursion. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's very cool. I think I will surprise my kids with it and count it as a "Nassau" excursion. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there an age restriction?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Is there an age restriction?

For those who want to get an insider’s look at the inner-workings of a Carnival ‘Fun Ship’, Carnival has created ‘Behind the Fun’, a guided tour that provides guests with a unique insight into the company’s shipboard operations.

‘Behind the Fun’ is offered fleet wide. The informative tour offers participants a behind-the-scenes look at a wide range of shipboard venues that are normally off limits to guests. During the tour, key shipboard personnel, including the captain, chief engineer, chef de cuisine and other department heads, share their vast knowledge in their particular area of expertise.

‘Behind the Fun’ begins with a stop backstage in the main show lounge where participants can see exactly what goes into creating Carnival’s award-winning revues. The tour then moves on to normally restricted areas such as the laundry room, crew galley and dining room, crew gym and crew training center.

Next it’s on to the expansive main galley where talented culinary artists prepare upwards of 12,000 meals and snacks a day for Carnival’s guests. The tour also includes a visit to the ship’s bridge and engine control room and informative Q&A sessions with the captain and chief engineer, respectively.

In addition to a comprehensive overview of Carnival’s shipboard operations, ‘Behind the Fun’ participants receive a number of commemorative gifts, including a custom-made ‘Behind the Fun’ baseball cap and lanyard and even complimentary photos with the captain on the bridge.

General Information

• ‘Behind the Fun’ can only be purchased on board through the Shore Excursion Desk.
  • Depending on the duration of the cruise, the cost is $55 USD to $95 USD per person and is approximately 2 hours to 3-1/2 hours long.
  • Capacity is limited to 16 guests per tour.
  • Tours are conducted on the last sea day of each cruise.
  • Guests must be 8 years of age or older to participate; anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
  • Guests are not permitted to have cameras, cell phones or video recording equipment on the tour.

• 4 months later...
Went to sign up for this on our cruise last week on the Breeze. Was told at the desk that I should have booked online as they were all full up with a waiting list a mile long. I wonder if I was lied to. I was on pretty quickly with FTTF.

We were on Breeze last week and booked this tour at Excursion Desk as soon as we boarded... probably about 1:00pm-ish. It wasn't full yet at that point. It lasted about 3 hrs and was very interesting

Went to sign up for this on our cruise last week on the Breeze. Was told at the desk that I should have booked online as they were all full up with a waiting list a mile long. I wonder if I was lied to. I was on pretty quickly with FTTF.

You can't book it online. You can only book onboard - it says so on the Carnival FAQ. Maybe that person misunderstood what you meant.

I did the tour on the Vista a few weeks ago. It was awesome and totally worth the money.

Yeah, we went around 1:30 and they said that everyone signed up online and that the list was full and the waiting list was a mile long. He may have misunderstood me. He did have to call someone to check on it.

We were on Breeze last week and booked this tour at Excursion Desk as soon as we boarded... probably about 1:00pm-ish. It wasn't full yet at that point. It lasted about 3 hrs and was very interesting