Amalfi

crepe

Lunch in atrani, a pleasant 15 min stroll and a delightful village, at A paranza, a brilliant fish restaurant and v popular with locals open all year round. Must book. Or at la Caravella one Michelin star in amalfi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pleasant walks up to Scala/pontone/ravello as said, we then walked down to minori and on to maiori many days. Need stamina and not one for summer. Valley of the mills is a lovely cool walk and is slightly flatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year I caught the ferry to Positano as it was a lovely sunny day and I had been in Amalfi the year before. I enjoyed Positano but next time when I again dock in Amalfi again, I will just enjoy walking around Amalfi and have lunch in a nice restaurant.

Julie

Edited by frantic36

The best advice I can give regarding Amalfi is do not make the same mistake that we did. If you are on The Encore and scheduled to arrive at 10:00, make sure you are in the Club by 9:30 for your tender tickets. By the time we arrived, 10:10, we received tender tickets 168,169 and they just began calling 1-20. We gave up shortly after to salvage our day and stayed at the pool with the beautiful scenery of Amalfi only to appreciate from the ship.

This was one port I was glad we had booked a SB excursion, particularly as we ended up moving to Sorrento after stopping at Amalfi. The Silverseas ship arrived at Amalfi just before the Encore and it stayed and tendered from there.

I do believe there is a problem with the design of the tenders. In many of the tender ports, it was far more difficult getting on/off the tenders and the seas were rolling but not particularly rough. This resulted in it taking much longer to fill a tender.

The tender crew were magnificent in trying circumstances. I felt sorry for them (unfortunately some guests gave them a hard time, and it was not their fault).

In my post cruise review I gave this feedback to SB.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...