Insuremytrip OR tripinsurancestore???

rpmljm

Sorry for another question so soon after my other one, but my mind is boggled right now trying to figure all this insurance stuff out. I have been looking at the 2 sites mentioned in my title above and I noticed that insuremytrip seems to have lower prices than tripinsurancestore. I know there has been a lot of talk on here about Steve's company being reliable. Any feelings on insuremytrip? If all things are relatively equal, I'd rather spend less. They seem to offer the same policies from what I can see...but then again my brain is fuzzy right now from all this.

I just want to get on with enjoying the anticipation of my upcoming cruise and stop thinking about insurance.

Thanks!:D

We have had great customer service from InsureMyTrip- answered all calls and questions. All my claims paid quickly. Love their comparison tool and when we had specific requirements for a Galapagos cruise they were extremely helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have had great customer service from InsureMyTrip- answered all calls and questions. All my claims paid quickly. Love their comparison tool and when we had specific requirements for a Galapagos cruise they were extremely helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great to know! Thank you

Your costs should be exactly the same on either site for the exact same policies and exact same residency, ages and trip costs. Policy fee may be added later on one site vs the other....but final total should be the same.

That said, I prefer Trip Insurance Store and Steve because of his incredibly detailed website explanations, his willingness to answer questions and the fact that he does not carry 'every policy out there'...just the ones that get consistently good reviews and service.

Your costs should be exactly the same on either site for the exact same policies and exact same residency, ages and trip costs. Policy fee may be added later on one site vs the other....but final total should be the same.

That said, I prefer Trip Insurance Store and Steve because of his incredibly detailed website explanations, his willingness to answer questions and the fact that he does not carry 'every policy out there'...just the ones that get consistently good reviews and service.

I just know that when I put in the same info. and search for policies on both sites, I get cheaper choices on insuremytrip. It might not be the exact same policy.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently purchased insurance directly through Nationwide, but the same policy at the same cost is available through Insuremytrip. Is there a benefit from buying from IMT vs. directly with the insurance company? Since the costs are the same, would it be worthwhile to cancel the direct policy and rebook through IMT?

The way someone convinced me to go with insure my trip.com was by pointing out that if I were to need to make a claim the folks at insure my trip.com would have a vested interest in helping me work through any kind of issues that I had with the insurance company. They would effectively be acting as my advocate in some ways.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I just know that when I put in the same info. and search for policies on both sites, I get cheaper choices on insuremytrip. It might not be the exact same policy.

"It might not be the exact same policy."

Um, well... that could be why the costs aren't the same.

Insurance is a regulated industry.

There could be differences for the *same* policy benefits in different states, but for the same person/trip, it would be the same within a state, regardless of which brokerage used or if direct from insurer.

If there are discounts (e.g., AARP), that would also apply no matter how purchased.

And before you purchase ANY policy, make absolutely sure you understand the coverages.

"Almost the same" may - or may not - make a huge difference should a claim be filed.

• 1 month later...

A few years back I had to cancel a 30 day cruise because I underwent emergency surgery. I had purchased trip insurance through insuremytrip and it was horrible working with them and the insurance company. I was recovered from my surgery before I saw one cent of my reimbursement. I had to fax hundreds of pages multiple times. My claim was cut and dry and never an issue yet insuremytrip was not my advocate.

Since that experience I switched to tripinsurancestore. Fortunately I have not had to file a claim but I like the knowledge, accessibilty and feeling I get working with them.

That they only offer certain products has never bothered me as there is always a product that meets my need.

I used myinsuranacestore for 13 years, and all my friends and family. Then I had a claim. It was a horrible experience and Steve did not help. I had to fax all my papers 2 or 3 times. I had 3 qualifying events on that one cruise, small amounts, and they refused to pay. They took my $ all those years, and should have paid. So I am looking for a new insurance company.

I used myinsuranacestore for 13 years, and all my friends and family. Then I had a claim. It was a horrible experience and Steve did not help. I had to fax all my papers 2 or 3 times. I had 3 qualifying events on that one cruise, small amounts, and they refused to pay. They took my $ all those years, and should have paid. So I am looking for a new insurance company.
What was the brand of the insurance (not the broker) you purchased? If your claim was not paid, what was the reason given and why do you believe it was covered and should have been paid?

What was the brand of the insurance (not the broker) you purchased? If your claim was not paid, what was the reason given and why do you believe it was covered and should have been paid?
It sounds like you're trying to subject the poster's report to scrutiny that no positive report has been subjected to in this thread. If that was to be the level of proof expected of reports in the thread then that should have been expected of every poster posting positive or negative comments about any vendor. I suggest the previous poster not pander to such blatant incongruity.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

It sounds like you're trying to subject the poster's report to scrutiny that no positive report has been subjected to in this thread. If that was to be the level of proof expected of reports in the thread then that should have been expected of every poster posting positive or negative comments about any vendor. I suggest the previous poster not pander to such blatant incongruity.

It was intended simply as a query as to resolve WHY the bad experience occurred. Many first-time claimants are completely unaware of the limitations of trip insurance; if the poster’s bad experience was due to expectations that were not covered, that should help to determine if the bad experience was related to the broker or the policy itself. If you feel that is ‘excess scrutiny’, that’s fine. Edited by cherylandtk

I used myinsuranacestore for 13 years...
It was intended simply as a query as to resolve WHY the bad experience occurred. Many first-time claimants are completely unaware of the limitations of trip insurance; if the poster’s bad experience was due to expectations that were not covered, that should help to determine if the bad experience was related to the broker or the policy itself. If you feel that is ‘excess scrutiny’, that’s fine.

Interesting. I saw nothing in that post that indicated that the cruiser was ill-informed about travel insurance.

Regardless it wasn't so much that it was excess scrutiny but rather that it was a level of scrutiny incongruous with that put on the positive reports. Anyway, positive reports that don't include a claim are a bit misleading aren't they? Insurance companies are always very good at collecting your premium and even at answering questions. The real measure of a broker is when you make a claim.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Heading to Sydney next December 2018 for a cruise, as most our reservations are or will be non-refundable, we are looking to have a travel insurance plan, we have 3 problems which limit our options to have a good and suitable plan:

1) The 3 major companies: AIG, Alliance and Bupa in our country and region offer only medical plan,

2) The one offered by our cruise line, the Viking, don't cover non-American citizens and,

3) the feedback and the reviews from most websites we checked were frustrating and negative.

We are a couple: 64+51, from Egypt, no pre-existing condition, and we paid only $1000 as a down payment for the cruise last July.

Need help and advice.

Thanks.

Hi

Heading to Sydney next December 2018 for a cruise, as most our reservations are or will be non-refundable, we are looking to have a travel insurance plan, we have 3 problems which limit our options to have a good and suitable plan:

1) The 3 major companies: AIG, Alliance and Bupa in our country and region offer only medical plan,

2) The one offered by our cruise line, the Viking, don't cover non-American citizens and,

3) the feedback and the reviews from most websites we checked were frustrating and negative.

We are a couple: 64+51, from Egypt, no pre-existing condition, and we paid only $1000 as a down payment for the cruise last July.

Need help and advice.

Thanks.

I can only respond to number 3. Don't sweat the negative feedback and reviews. People rarely go to websites to write a good or great review. Especially when it comes to insurance claims. I would bet that up to 95% of those reviews were for complaints where the insurance company denied a claim for a reason that wasn't covered by the travel insurance. The person complaining just didn't understand or read to ensure what they were insured against.

I used Google.com to search for travel insurance for Egyptian citizens and came up with this. Not sure it helps.

https://www.travelstart.com.eg/travel-insurance