Our day in Portland from the 9/17 Serenade Cruise = Car rental

home-mom

We reserved a car ahead of time from Enterprise. My husband got a discount code through his company so our party of 6 was able to rent a minivan for the day for a total of $62. We were on the pier waiting at 8 am and they had a courtesy shuttle there about 8:20. It took us their office where we picked up the van. We drove straight to Portland Head Lighthouse. It was fairly empty as we arrived before any tour buses. IMG_0042_zps6mcrtwgh.jpg We drove to see the Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse and Bug Light, but it was too foggy to see them. We drove to The Holy Donut on Park Ave (no wait) and they were delicious! Next we got to Eventide at 11 am when they opened and ordered a lobster roll to go. It only took about 5 minutes. I was told it was fabulous (I don't like seafood :eek:). IMG_4188_zpsuyebrllj.jpg We then spent the next hour drive my dad to different breweries in the area because he likes to collect the empty growler bottles. We returned the van after noon and got a shuttle right back to port. We had to walk a block or so because the driver couldn't drop us off in front due to a ferry being there and the line of cars was INSANE! Later that afternoon the fog lifted and we were able to see the lighthouses from the ship. Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse IMG_4009_zpsdcnigfpy.jpg Bug Light IMG_4007_zps4a1s4fxe.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hi home-mom, We will be in Portland this year on Oct 1st. Now I'm wondering about the fog. I am also thinking of renting from Enterprise and wanted to visit the same lighthouses. I am amazed at how close they are to the city.

Thanks for your post!

John