Odyssey salutes Encore

TRIPACIAN

I am on the Odyssey and as we left Malta on Wednesday, the Encore was arriving. The Captains sailed close together and "saluted" each other with the ship horns. Many passengers on both ships were on deck and cheered each other as we passed.

Here are two pictures of the Encore as we sailed past. Perhaps someone that was on the Encore can attach pictures of the Odyssey to complete the post

P1080952.jpg.dffcecf500034e32aa1396c73dc9d214.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

P1080951.jpg.00d3e8b24184a689af5d9e804789f61e.jpg

Hi Steve, that must have been great to experience!

We travel in two weeks on the Lisbon to Miami transatlantic...can you tell me who the exec staff are on the Odyssey? Just curious. Thx! Tom

It would be hard to tell several of the officers are disembarkingin Barcelona.

Hello, we were on the Encore! I was standing on my balcony and took this corresponding photo. :D

I've had to make it much smaller to post it here. Let me know if you'd like me to email you a better quality version.

It certainly was a very loud and impressive occasion :ship::ship:

FullSizeRender.jpg.7ace470abf7eae0d2545fdab1ae0e5dc.jpg

Hello, we were on the Encore! I was standing on my balcony and took this corresponding photo. :D

I've had to make it much smaller to post it here. Let me know if you'd like me to email you a better quality version.

It certainly was a very loud and impressive occasion :ship::ship:

Our Captain said we were about 200 meters apart when we passed. He waited for the "new sister" to salute her older sibling before he returned the salute. That was just the right pecking order!

I was on the Encore and loved this moment with the passing ships. It was exciting and made everyone smile. I looked down several decks from our veranda and saw a line of the ship's officers taking photos. The staff was talking about how much fun it was to pass a ship they used to work on--and shout and wave at their friends. I probably have a photo somewhere of the Odyssey. (I think my husband took one). I'll try to find it. We are just home from this cruise aboard the Encore and had a great time.