Visa to Japan

Pilotmd80

Hi everyone how are you, I am new in his page, but I write because I am very worry because I am no sure if I need a visa to enter in Japan ( Nagasaki ). Someone can help me?

Hi my name is Dimas Diaz, and my family and me are going to make a Cruise on November 18, onboard the Quantum of the Seas, from Shanghai to Nagasaki, with a full day excursion there, my question is, we need the Japanese Visa to do that, or it is not necessary?, we are from Venezuelan citizen but we are residing in Nairobi Kenya, we went to Japan Embassy in Nairobi and they told me that the Ship was registered in something celled: ISS ( Inchcape Shipping Service ) and we do not require visas to boarding

Can you confirm me that information, I would not like to have problems when boarding in Shanghai

Hi everyone how are you, I am new in his page, but I write because I am very worry because I am no sure if I need a visa to enter in Japan ( Nagasaki ). Someone can help me?

Hi my name is Dimas Diaz, and my family and me are going to make a Cruise on November 18, onboard the Quantum of the Seas, from Shanghai to Nagasaki, with a full day excursion there, my question is, we need the Japanese Visa to do that, or it is not necessary?, we are from Venezuelan citizen but we are residing in Nairobi Kenya, we went to Japan Embassy in Nairobi and they told me that the Ship was registered in something celled: ISS ( Inchcape Shipping Service ) and we do not require visas to boarding

Can you confirm me that information, I would not like to have problems when boarding in Shanghai

Well, this is mostly a USA message board (but many other countries can view), and a great place for answers, but as a USA citizen, I don't need one, but I did need a Chinese Visa. You should check with RCCL and check with someone in the Japanese Embassy for a correct and best answer.

Ok thank a lot, that's what I've been told but I still have the doubt....the Japanese Embassy informed me that passengers who go by Cruise do not need a visa, but I wanted to confirm with a passenger that have lived the experience with the same rout....

Contact the cruise line. The Embassy is probably correct but the Cruise Line will decide if you board in Shanghai so you want something in writing from them confirming that they don't see a problem with your passport and itinerary.

• 3 weeks later...
Okand that is one of the problems, I tried to communicate with them and they all tell me that they can not give me that visa information, but I will continue to try Thank a lot, I’ll try to do it,

Most if not all cruise lines do not take on the responsibility for giving official visa advice since government regulations are complex and often change without much notice. They generally state that such documentation is the responsibility of the individual cruiser.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dimas,

My wife has a similar question/problem. She is an Indonesian citizen & we are going on Dec 24'17 cruise, on board the Quantum of the Seas, from Shanghai to Nagasaki & Fukuoka. When she went to the Japanese Embassy, they told her the same thing: she does not need to apply for Japan visa since its coming by cruise & will go back to the ship. I would like to know whether you have any issue with your recent trip? Thank you!

Best Regards, Fernando