Premium Internet Package on MAGIC for week?

mitsugirly

According to Carnival (online), if you purchase the internet package prior to cruising, you'll save up to 15%.

For my upcoming Magic cruise, it states the premium package is $14.88/day, so $104.16 for the week.

Does anyone have the actual price they charge for the package on the Magic? (I know each ship seems to be different...so not interested in what you might have paid for on another ship).

It seems like any time I have tried to figure this out prior to a cruise, when I see the "daily" charge on the Carnival site compared to the full cost while on the cruise, I have always thought the "special" they seem to run on the ship seems cheaper. Am I missing something? :ship:

I was on Magic last week. I did not plan on using internet so did not buy. But in the middle of trip I needed it. So I bought the middle daily plan .It was $15 charge on my bill . This worked for me because I just needed to send and receive emails. So if I were you I would buy on ship.

According to Carnival (online), if you purchase the internet package prior to cruising, you'll save up to 15%.

For my upcoming Magic cruise, it states the premium package is $14.88/day, so $104.16 for the week.

Does anyone have the actual price they charge for the package on the Magic? (I know each ship seems to be different...so not interested in what you might have paid for on another ship).

It seems like any time I have tried to figure this out prior to a cruise, when I see the "daily" charge on the Carnival site compared to the full cost while on the cruise, I have always thought the "special" they seem to run on the ship seems cheaper. Am I missing something? :ship:

I am also curious about this for our Magic trip. Usually the onboard special weekly price is better than the daily price. Hoping someone recently on the magic could clue us in to the current onboard weekly price for all the packages (we usually purchase the middle one). I think I have read the the highest package is a considerable savings pre-purchase online. Anyone recently on the Magic with each package prices? Thanks!

The onboard charges for the 7 day cruise are as follows: Social = $35.00 (No daily rate), Value = $84.00 ($16.00 daily rate), Premium = $123.00 ($25.00 daily rate). Best to pre-purchase online. :cool:

Thanks so much for this information! Will be on the Magic next month and now see that online purchase is the way to go with their prices now. There has been a significant increase in the last year. :(

no there is not, same price as 2 years ago, what is significant? can you show some examples

Well actually there is: (you can do the math)

Sunshine 2015 8 day $60 (value plan)

Breeze 2015 6 day $60 (value plan)

Sunshine 2016 8 day $60 (value plan)

Magic 2016 8 day $72 (value plan)

All packages were purchased onboard first day of cruise entire length of cruise. And according to newest report:

Magic 2017 7 day $84 (value plan) no discount

That's the whole reason I wanted to confirm onboard pricing vs. pre-purchase online price, prior to my cruise next month. :rolleyes:

Thanks to above confirmation I just purchased online for the $71.25 pricing for a 7-day cruise on the Magic.

I was on Magic last week. I did not plan on using internet so did not buy. But in the middle of trip I needed it. So I bought the middle daily plan .It was $15 charge on my bill . This worked for me because I just needed to send and receive emails. So if I were you I would buy on ship.

My husband needs the internet for the entire week, not just mid-way during the cruise. So this does not help with the pricing and whether or not it's cheaper.

anywhere you have your device, log on to any browser, CCL's internet packages will appear, pick which one you want, enter name and folio and you are online

We know how to use it and this is not my question. My questions regards pricing and if it's cheaper to purchase ahead of time. ;)

Hey Kim! We are on the Magic now, and the onboard price for the Premium Package for the week is $123.00. We purchased online pre cruise and saved 15%. We did NOT see any sales onboard. :cool:

The onboard charges for the 7 day cruise are as follows: Social = $35.00 (No daily rate), Value = $84.00 ($16.00 daily rate), Premium = $123.00 ($25.00 daily rate). Best to pre-purchase online. :cool:

AWESOME! Thanks so much!

I hope you are having a wonderful cruise!!

• 2 weeks later...