I Want a Tile!!

e3g

Will be taking first HAL cruise on Eurodam Jan 28, 2018. Because of previous cruises on Carnival and Princess, I have been given one star Mariner status. According to a review of posts, I will be able to attend Mariner embarkation lunch. Will I be able to get a tile at the luncheon or do I have to wait until I have points on my account (after first cruise with HAL)?

You can check with mariners Society prior to your cruise to be sure you have a Mariners number. If you have a number, you should get an invitation to mainrers Brunch where they give out the tiles. Call- 1-800-547-9139

• Thanks 1

I was told there was no credit given for cruises on other Carnival Corp Companies. How did you get the credit and what formula did they use to convert the Princess and Carnival Cruise time to HAL time? Does this reciprocity also work between all Carnival Corp Cruise Lines?

I have a previous Carnival sailing so, thankx to this thread, I was able to get the one star on my Mariner account. Since this is my first HAL cruise upcoming, do you mind if I ask what the significance of the tile is?

The tile, a blue and white ceramic tile about the size of an average coaster, is HAL's gift to each mariner member on each sailing. It is usually a painting of the ship you are on, and we think it's a nice keepsake. They are cork backed so they make great coasters.

The tile, a blue and white ceramic tile about the size f an average coaster, is HAL's gift to each mariner member on each sailing. It is usually a painting of the ship you are on, and we think it's a nice keepsake. They are cork backed so they make great coasters.

Thankx. I'd prefer a drink to put on it but it'll do. :D

The series of tiles being given out changes every couple of years. In the past it used to be every year, and some of the series had replicas of old HAL advertisements or Dutch scenes. On ebay enter "Holland America tiles" to see a variety.

The series of tiles being given out changes every couple of years. In the past it used to be every year, and some of the series had replicas of old HAL advertisements or Dutch scenes. On ebay enter "Holland America tiles" to see a variety.

We had collected so many tiles that when we re- did our bathroom, we used them as accents ti interspersed with the other tiles we chose for inside the shower. I am happy with the way our contractor did it and enjoy seeing them when I shower. :)

Edited by sail7seas

We had collected so many tiles that when we re- did our bathroom, we used them as accents ti interspersed with the other tiles we chose for inside the shower. I am happy with the way our contractor did it and enjoy seeing them when I shower. :)

That sounds really cool! I hope some day to have that many tiles. We are working on it. :D

You may have to ask for your tile. We did on our recent Oosterdam cruise. They were not passed out at the Mariner luncheon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Westerdam last year and it was announced they had not received their shipment of tiles. I waited a few weeks after getting home to see if they would be shipped. They weren't. I called the Mariner Society to have them shipped assuming that we would get my wife's and mine.. We received one tile because I was the one who called!

Yes, it does matter!

Like nails on a chalkboard, isn't it. ;)

Even worse is when people refer to Royal Caribbean as "Royal", since there was a "Royal" Cruise Line in recent memory. Very confusing.

So my dh, ds and myself all gold on Carnival would be Mariner 1 when we go on the Zuiderdam in December. What do we need to spend to get us to Mariner 2

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by pamrose228