Live from the Wind

RosseauGirl

Been on board for a few days, having a wonderful time (and winning at trivia!). But I have to share this - sent this pic to my niece for and she sent it back with the suggestion that I listen to a Baby Shark song, substitute Baby Boat dc01d16e3161d757591bd4c5ad97572e.jpgfor Baby Shark....so I did and now it’s stuck in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lovely afternoon with RosseauGirl and her mini entourage. We are now in Ronne, Denmark. We drove across the island of Bornholm to a fishing village...very picturesque. The drive over and back to the port was beautiful...rolling farmland, immaculate houses, and towering woods which were planted in the late 19th century and are now carefully managed to provide for logging, wildlife and biodiversity. Very impressive stewardship.

Apparently micro breweries, craft and bigtime breweries are a big deal. After a pleasant, walk around the “ picturebook” town we went to a craft brewery/restaurant for a tasting of 4 beers. I’m not knowledgeable about styles of beer, but I really only enjoyed one out of the four. The Brew Master’s commentary was very interesting and garden where we had the tasting was attractive.

This not usual port is a great example of why SS’s itineraries can be so interesting. It was a wonderful experience.

Ah, Rønne... My little sister got married there back in 2002. So I got to visit - for a weekend in January! It was frigid. And dark. And my brothers went for a swim in the Baltic! I was a little smarter than that - I just got my ankles wet.

The beer and cognac kept us warm, from what I recall. Must be different in the summer! Sounds like a fun stop.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi Pashmina, we will be easy to recognize - we are usually the first off and the last back on! We rarely play trivia but maybe you can convince us... But the pressure might get to us if you're already winning.

Ready to board the Eurostar in an hour or so. Then Copenhagen tomorrow!

Here is a recent pic of us if you need help recognizing us. Otherwise we should see you at the meet and mingle.20180610_150825.thumb.jpg.601760903b1a34580de15b6c29cb62de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app