LIVE FROM THE SPIRIT 10-25th September

Magor2015

See my last posting for our initial impressions.

We are First time cruisers on Silversea.

Arrived in Cobh this morning. Overcast and cool. Titanic exhibition was quite good and thought provoking. Definitely worth doing. Had the obligatory pint of Guinness and Tayto Cheese & Onions crisps (chips to those Americans on board) at Kelly’s. It’s true what they say about the Guinness in Ireland being the best. Cathedral also worth a look. The steep streets leading to it were interesting with colourful houses, etc.

Ate in La Terraza last night for the first time. Good beef carpaccio. Really excellent pasta dishes. Probably one of the best I’ve had in a long time. Would go back just for the pasta. Veal Milanese was very disappointing. Over cooked and dry. Polenta with truffles was unmemorable.

One thing that I find very good about Silversea is the speed of service. Food comes quickly and acceptably warm. I know I driveled on a bit about Seabourn in my first post but their speed of service was awful and I was reminded that we almost gave up eating in their MDR because it took so long. No such problems with SS.

I am a convert to the multi choice SS. Restaurant mix.

Entertainment last night was excellent. A young violinist playing classical and contemporary music. Loved it. Swing performance tonight so fingers crossed. Hoping for some further variety later in the cruise. Perhaps a comedian, magician, etc. Do SS ever do that?

Just left Cobh, so next stop Newfoundland.

No reason other than unfamiliarity with the ‘protocol’. I had assumed the other thread you refer to was based on another individuals personal experience and comments rather than designed as a vehicle for ‘group’ commentary. Don’t really mind either way. I’ll add my comments to that thread going forward if that helps.

I guess you can if you want, but is there any reason you’ve chosen to start a new thread instead of posting on the already extant ‘live from’ thread about this voyage?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Asked a similar question on another thread recently and got flamed for my temerity. There are no rules except CC rules, and there is no protocol on here.

Good to see new blood posting.

Sorry Magor, I wasn't trying to criticize you, it's just rather difficult to follow postings about one voyage if they are not all in the same thread. For example, you've started a new thread for each of your two postings and I completely missed the first one as I didn't realize which voyage you meant.

Spins original thread is meant to be communal but after the first flush of enthusiasm, I seem to be the only one left - please do come over and help me out here!

I would encourage you to post on the original thread. I have done several group blogs and they are quite fun. Easy to see things from different perspectives.

Why?

What’s wrong with individuality and diversity on these threads. What works for you may not work for others.

We should be welcoming new posters, not trying to straight jacket them.

Why?

What’s wrong with individuality and diversity on these threads. What works for you may not work for others.

We should be welcoming new posters, not trying to straight jacket them.

I am all for individuality. It just is easier to follow the cruise if all on one thread. I had the feeling the OP thought they shouldn’t add to the other thread which was started by someone else, and I was trying to let them know it was ok.