Over the top on the Maasdam ..........

OlsSalt

I too think that is a reasonable request. Sunbathing habits the great wide world over are very varied and the European and apparently Canadian norm is certainly not the norm worldwide. Some rules and guidelines on the part of HAL would be nice if only to prepare guests and help them plan.

Just so you know it is not the “norm” in Canada however there is no law against it in Ontario. I personally have never seen a topless woman walking down the street or on a beach here but it is allowed and there is zero anybody can do about it. Pot is soon legal here but not everybody will be smoking joints.

Just so you know it is not the “norm” in Canada however there is no law against it in Ontario. I personally have never seen a topless woman walking down the street or on a beach here but it is allowed and there is zero anybody can do about it. Pot is soon legal here but not everybody will be smoking joints.

Good to know. In the US, it varies by state and even county, and context applies. Some breastfeeding moms have had trouble with "public indecency" laws but that is rare now thankfully, good new for those of us who chose this for our babies. Knowing the rules and being sensitive to others is always the best thing. :)

We have been in cabin 205 aft corner many times as it is our favorite. This spring we were in that cabin again on the Maasdam for a 30 day cruise from the West Coast and was very surprised to see a women sunbathing most days in almost full nude. She apparently was significant other to a crew member as we saw them together he in his work uniform. So we did not see a sign that trip so it was added later. I think there would be a better deck area for this on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To update this thread: The Maasdam does not and has never had a topless deck. The signs were not placed by the ship and have been removed.

Edited by HAL_PR

To update this thread: The Maasdam does not and has never had a topless deck. The signs were not placed by the ship and have been removed.

thank you :D. Much appreciated that you came on and gave us the update and actual situation.

Get ready.... lots of clothing optional beaches on this French Polynesian cruise. Huahine has a beach in town and you will see people nude there. The true French are very liberal and are not afraid to shed their clothing. When in Rome...

Been there done that!

Toronto Canada/Ontario you are allowed to walk about topless if you are female.

Yes it was a big deal when Ontario passed the law. My sister in law and some of her friends cruised Lake Ontario on their bosses boat topless. Fast forward over a decade and gravity has taken over LOL.

Pot is legal on October 17th. I would rather nudity then the stench of marijuana. Not looking forward to this new law I tell ya!

Kathy in Alberta

I wonder where that sign came from then... hmmm... mystery. :confused: The world may never know :D
If people are going to put up fake signs, they should spring for the matching gold metallic ones and get the font right. Prankster quality is really slipping.

If people are going to put up fake signs, they should spring for the matching gold metallic ones and get the font right. Prankster quality is really slipping.

So.....................what should the penalty/consequences be for the inglorious rascule(s) who posted that bunk sign resulting in a bevy of hearts all over to start beating faster? (I understand Maasie's finest are on the case as we speak)

So.....................what should the penalty/consequences be for the inglorious rascule(s) who posted that bunk sign resulting in a bevy of hearts all over to start beating faster? (I understand Maasie's finest are on the case as we speak)

I understand that the DOJ will transfer investigators from the E. Musk case onto this one. [emoji849][emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you HAL! I'm all for folks doing their own thing. However, I really wasn't looking forward to feeling like a "peeping tom" every time I went to the end of our balcony in cabin 220 to see what scenery there was to see on the starboard side of the ship.