Two Maasdam Questions

dag144

We are booked on a Montreal to Fort Lauderdale 13 day cruise next month, August 2018. We sailed on the Maasdam last in June of 2017. Does the Maasdam traditional library (with real books to read) still exist? Second question is the Ocean Bar with the dancing and the hot nibbles still the same. We hope so.

We are booked on a Montreal to Fort Lauderdale 13 day cruise next month, August 2018. We sailed on the Maasdam last in June of 2017. Does the Maasdam traditional library (with real books to read) still exist? Second question is the Ocean Bar with the dancing and the hot nibbles still the same. We hope so.

Library still there, but no librarian. Ocean Bar has the more standard danceable music (We know because we were put in a cabin right over the Ocean Bar and there was music coming through the until 10:30pm - we got moved the next day) The hot appetizers in the Ocean bar may be during the happy hour, like we still see in the Crows Nest.

The New England route you are taking is wonderful. We picked up the Maasdam last year in Boston after she finished her last New England run on the same day we got off the Rotterdam on the end of the Voyage of the Vikings. That let us take the long way home on her for us on the West Coast. And shortly we will be back on the Maasdam again as she starts a whole new high enrichment "In Depth" cruise program. Retaining many of the familiar HAL classic ship features , like the library, is reason number one we are always happy to return to this ship.

The library is still there. It has a good many books, games, jigsaw puzzles and the free swap paperbacks. It is still pretty extensive, although they keep talking about getting rid of it. I hope not!

Library is still there. And I believe all is the same with the Ocean Bar too. Definitely people dancing there, cannot attest to nibbles though.

Yes, the library is still there with a large assortment of books.

I know there is dancing because DW and I danced there a few nights.

I did not see any munchies other than peanuts, but we were never there during happy hour.

And hello to Kirk and Barbara. We have not seen you in Montreal, but another couple we met on board saw us and waved to us.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the 7/21/18 cruise on the Maasdam. They had hot appetizers in the Ocean Bar pre dinner, but not every night. One night we asked for some and he went somewhere and got them. They also had them at the 4:00 happy hour in the Crow's Nest, but not every afternoon.

I found a library book and just took it and read it during the cruise--there was no librarian.