Disembarkation at Manhatten Terminal

Twigalina

I'm very much looking forward to my first Silversea experience on the Spirit next week but have a question about the arrival in New York on the 25th. Bearing in mind that (I assume) immigration and customs formalities will have been completed at the first US landfall, can anybody give an indication of how long after the ETA of 10:00 we can expect to be through the terminal with our baggage? Or does baggage still have to be cleared in NYC? My previous experience of arriving on the QM2 involved a wait of around two hours just to get off the ship and then another hour or so in the queue for immigration in the customs shed. I'm asking because we wish to arrange for an SUV type vehicle (too much stuff for a cab :o) to pick us up but have no idea what time to book it for. Thanks.

There are very few passengers on the Spirit compared to the majority of ships that call here so it will go fast. Once the luggage is placed in the terminal you will disembark, gather your luggage, go through customs and on your way. As said there will be porters if you want help, they speed up the process quite a bit and will take you and luggage to the street which can be a long walk. If it was me I would plan to be off the ship 1.5 hours after arrival.

• 1 month later...

I hope you had transport waiting. The rest of us got off quickly but then it took 1 1/2-2 hours to leave the pier. Bus unmarked and too small, taxi line of over 100 people Terrible end to a great trip. Many missed their flights.