New Year Cruise

miss travel

You don’t say what ship you will be on, as that may make a difference.

We’ve done Xmas & New Year cruises for some time and they’ve handled them a bit differently each time.

For this last year on Britannia we received an email prior to the cruise asking us to choose between early or late seating and the table size. I think early was 6pm or 6.30pm and late was 8.30pm. Another year it was 6pm & 8pm.

We do freedom dining usually but for Xmas day and New Year’s Eve it was only the 2 fixed times. They also didn’t “guarantee” you got your preference (which we fortunately did), and I don’t know if booking select / saver / early saver or whatever had any influence on what you were allocated.

We received a card onboard informing us of our dining time and table size.

I remember one year booking this on line from the email received, but there wasn’t an option of requesting a table for 2. You had to see the staff on board to request this. Another year there was that option online.

Each year there has been something different in the way they’ve dealt with dining these 2 evenings - including the buffet shut so little choice of dining venue, opening Sindu but with the same menu as main dining rooms (which was an excellent experience for us), and having to que up for 3 hours to request our time & table size. Yes 3 hours! They changed the system the following year due to the complaints and the many angry passengers.

Hope this gives you some idea how it’s been handled in the past, and my guess is that you’ll get an email sometime where you’ll identify your choice of early or late sitting and table size. If it’s not what you’d like, see the staff on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums