Volendam cancels South Korea

sahara1

The Oct 13 2017 has cancelled 3 days in South Korea. They don't seem to have cancelled the Amsterdam"s visit. Does anyone know what the difference might be?

We were told the Chinese Gov issued the ban but don't know when they did. If anyone knows could you share please.

The Oct 13 2017 has cancelled 3 days in South Korea. They don't seem to have cancelled the Amsterdam"s visit. Does anyone know what the difference might be?

We were told the Chinese Gov issued the ban but don't know when they did. If anyone knows could you share please.

How is it that the Chinese Government is involved? Did they ban anyone from entering China if the passengers had visited South Korea recently?

Who told you that? I don't think the Chinese government has much to do with what ships South Korea allows to dock.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

IF the stops were cancelled and IF China is being blamed - suspect Tampa Girl may well be correct. We have been on several cruises over the years where we were denied entry (usually well ahead of time) because of where we would be sailing from. Most notable was a cruise involving stops in Chile, Argentina and the Falklands. Just after Pinochet (sp?) capture in London - fights related to that AND the perennial problem over the Falklands and Britain (we were on a Princess ship).

IF the stops were cancelled and IF China is being blamed - suspect Tampa Girl may well be correct. We have been on several cruises over the years where we were denied entry (usually well ahead of time) because of where we would be sailing from. Most notable was a cruise involving stops in Chile, Argentina and the Falklands. Just after Pinochet (sp?) capture in London - fights related to that AND the perennial problem over the Falklands and Britain (we were on a Princess ship).

Didn't think of that. I stand corrected.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Where is Amsterdam coming from? Could be difference of ports visited.

Where is Amsterdam coming from? Could be difference of ports visited.
Cheju and Incheon South Korea just before Shanghai. Volendam was supposed to visit those same two ports but stop in Tianjin China before Shanghai. Edited by jtl513

As of today, our cruise on the Volendam, has not cancelled its South Korea stop. Its goes from Japan to Shanghai, back to Japan, and then to South Korea. So maybe it has to do with the order. Even though our cruise is still several months away, we were notified of these changes: Scenic cruising Inland Sea of Japan has been replaced with Scenic cruising Kanmon Strait. The call to Takamatsu, Japan, has been replaced with a call to Kochi, Japan.

Would you mind giving us your source for that info? Thanks! Coming from Japan, the two South Korean calls - Jeju City (island) and Incheon (for Seoul) - are the usual HAL stops prior to the PRC ports that follow

How is it that the Chinese Government is involved? Did they ban anyone from entering China if the passengers had visited South Korea recently?

Much as I enjoyed my stops in China (would not have missed them for the world), IF China did get involved with this cancelation due to political reasons, I would much rather the China stops be canceled, were it my cruise.

I don't take well to extortion or black mail.

What I see online for the 14 day segment from Oct. 27th - Nov. 10th is this. It does indeed, look like the itinerary has changed. From what I've read elsewhere on CC/online is that China disagrees with S. Korea's implementation of the THAAD system. They won't let any ships in that have been to S. Korea now. I would imagine that our Grand Asia/Pacific will be changed too since we are to go to Beijing from Seoul. I certainly won't mind...I have no desire to be anywhere near the crazy man in N.K.!

Linda R.

Day 0:

October 27, 2017

Shanghai, ChinaONTCVX

Day 1:

October 28, 2017

Departs 06:00 PM

Shanghai, ChinaTCVX

Day 2:

October 29, 2017

AT SEA

Day 3:

October 30, 2017 Arrives 08:00 AM

Fukuoka (Hakata), Japan

Day 4:

October 31, 2017 Arrives 08:00 AM

Nagasaki, Japan

Day 5:

November 01, 2017

AT SEA

Day 6:

November 02, 2017 Arrives 07:00 AM

Departs 05:00 PM

Naha, Japan

Day 7:

November 03, 2017 Arrives 08:00 AM

Ishigaki Island, JapanTRNW

Day 8:

November 04, 2017 Arrives 08:00 AM

Keelung (Taipei), Taiwan

Day 9:

November 05, 2017 Arrives 07:00 AM

Departs 04:00 PM

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Day 10:

November 06, 2017

AT SEA

Day 11:

November 07, 2017 Arrives 08:00 AM

Manila, Philippines

Day 12:

November 08, 2017

AT SEA

Day 13:

November 09, 2017 Arrives 08:00 AM

Hong Kong, ChinaON

Day 14:

November 10, 2017 Arrives 06:00 AM

Hong Kong, China

Would you mind giving us your source for that info? Thanks! Coming from Japan, the two South Korean calls - Jeju City (island) and Incheon (for Seoul) - are the usual HAL stops prior to the PRC ports that follow

HAL told me that it was a Chinese ban on ships coming from South Korea (that may have been sold to Chinese citizens). Perhaps the Volendam is considered China based and this directive came out in March. The Amsterdam wouldn't be China based. This is very difficult to get a handle on especially since it is after final payment and plans can't be changed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

What I see online for the 14 day segment from Oct. 27th - Nov. 10th is this. It does indeed, look like the itinerary has changed. From what I've read elsewhere on CC/online is that China disagrees with S. Korea's implementation of the THAAD system. They won't let any ships in that have been to S. Korea now. I would imagine that our Grand Asia/Pacific will be changed too since we are to go to Beijing from Seoul. I certainly won't mind...I have no desire to be anywhere near the crazy man in N.K.!

Linda R.

Day 0:

October 27, 2017

Shanghai, ChinaONTCVX

Day 1:

October 28, 2017

Shanghai, ChinaTCVX

Day 2:

October 29, 2017

AT SEA

Day 3:

Fukuoka (Hakata), Japan

Day 4:

Nagasaki, Japan

Day 5:

November 01, 2017

AT SEA

Day 6:

Naha, Japan

Day 7:

Day 8:

Keelung (Taipei), Taiwan

Day 9:

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Day 10:

November 06, 2017

AT SEA

Day 11:

Manila, Philippines

Day 12:

November 08, 2017

AT SEA

Day 13:

Hong Kong, ChinaON

Day 14:

Hong Kong, China

still looks like an interesting itinerary -

Linda R.

Day 0:

October 27, 2017

Shanghai, ChinaONTCVX

Day 1:

October 28, 2017

Shanghai, ChinaTCVX

Day 2:

October 29, 2017

AT SEA

Day 3:

Fukuoka (Hakata), Japan

Day 4:

Nagasaki, Japan

Day 5:

November 01, 2017

AT SEA

Day 6:

Naha, Japan

Day 7:

Day 8:

Keelung (Taipei), Taiwan

Day 9:

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Day 10:

November 06, 2017

AT SEA

Day 11:

Manila, Philippines

Day 12:

November 08, 2017

AT SEA

Day 13:

Hong Kong, ChinaON

Day 14:

Hong Kong, China

The above is the original Oct. 27th itinerary and is NOT changed.

It is the Oct. 13th itinerary which has been changed. It was from Tokyo to Shanghai via Jeju island and an overnight at Seoul South Korean ports. They have been taken out and 2 additional Japanese ports substituted.

As of now the Amsterdam has a similar itinerary with the 3 days in South Korea remaining.