NCL Newbies Cruise the Dawn to Bermuda 10/20-27

Beachiekeen

Great review! So happy to see that Richard was your CD; he's one of our very favorites. Hope he'll be onboard for our Dawn cruises in January.

Bermuda is an amazing place. So glad you enjoyed it. My husband still talks about the Frog & Onion! The mini-golf course nearby is also a must-do for us.

I would seriously consider finding what ship he was on when I wanted to cruise and going on that sailing just for him. He just made it so much fun!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for the kind words! It was fun re-reading it. Happy cruising to those with upcoming trips on the Dawn to Bermuda!

Thank you for the great review! We are cruising on the Dawn to Bermuda late April, it will be our

1st NCL cruise! Cannot wait!!:)

Kathy

• 3 weeks later...
We loved your review and photos. Question, did you have the Unlimited Beverage Package. We don't drink much, mostly wine, and sometimes a few mixed drinks.

Aww thanks! Yes, we had the UBP as our one perk when we booked the cruise. We have never paid for a drink package, but since we only had to pay gratuity, it was still a good deal. We also got it for free on our Princess cruise and I have to admit, we love having it, but I don't see us ever paying for it as the math just doesn't make it worth it for us. Be sure and try Cellars, it's a nice wine bar with some good selections.

Thank you Beachiekeen for a spectacular review! Your photos and detailed information are fantastic. We are sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda in mid June this year and can't wait. We did this cruise five years ago and loved it so we are excited to be on the Dawn again and to see the new upgrades since drydock. If you go back to Bermuda you might be interested in renting a Boston Whaler boat. We did this last time and have one booked again for this June. It is a small motor boat and you can zip around through little coves and inlets-loads of fun and definitely our favorite activity there. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with all of us!

Thank you Beachiekeen for a spectacular review! Your photos and detailed information are fantastic. We are sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda in mid June this year and can't wait. We did this cruise five years ago and loved it so we are excited to be on the Dawn again and to see the new upgrades since drydock. If you go back to Bermuda you might be interested in renting a Boston Whaler boat. We did this last time and have one booked again for this June. It is a small motor boat and you can zip around through little coves and inlets-loads of fun and definitely our favorite activity there. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with all of us!

Awww thank you. We loved Bermuda so much. We will definitely go back at some point. I wish there was a closer port we could sail from. We looked at the Boston Whaler but didn't feel so confident we could wield a boat by ourselves but maybe next time! :)

Loved your review of Bermuda! We are seriously considering booking the Escape out of New York in July. We were originally booked on the Getaway on the Western Caribbean route, but it didn't have me all that excited, and then there was the incident with the explosive device in Cozumel. The pictures of your and Hubbys private beach you stumbled upon were gorgeous! Now after your review, I'm craving Bermuda and a painkiller ;p Love those drinks!

Loved your review of Bermuda! We are seriously considering booking the Escape out of New York in July. We were originally booked on the Getaway on the Western Caribbean route, but it didn't have me all that excited, and then there was the incident with the explosive device in Cozumel. The pictures of your and Hubbys private beach you stumbled upon were gorgeous! Now after your review, I'm craving Bermuda and a painkiller ;p Love those drinks!

Yes that beach was wonderful and something we may not get to ever experience again. I would love to do the Escape from NY and something we would like to do in the future for sure! Oh and definitely try a painkiller! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Beachiekeen, for your wonderful review and great photos. I will be on the Dawn out of Boston to Bermuda Sept. 7th. First time on he Dawn, second time to Bermuda. I was on The Breakaway 1 1/2 years ago out of NY to Bermuda. I’m looking forward to going back!! I will be checking into The Gems tour, once excursions are listed on the NCL website.

Soooo Happy I found and read your review..

Brian

Edited by UBP....YES!!!!
Spelling errors

Thank you Beachiekeen, for your wonderful review and great photos. I will be on the Dawn out of Boston to Bermuda Sept. 7th. First time on he Dawn, second time to Bermuda. I was on The Breakaway 1 1/2 years ago out of NY to Bermuda. I’m looking forward to going back!! I will be checking into The Gems tour, once excursions are listed on the NCL website.

Soooo Happy I found and read your review..

Brian

You’re welcome, hope it was helpful. Hidden Gems was a great tour! Have a great cruise! :D

We saw the pool deck, gym and toured the spa and got our passes. I know the passes get asked about a lot. We got ours at the 90 day mark before the cruise. The thermal spa on the Dawn has coed heated loungers, 2 hot tubs, a lap pool, and then separate relaxation rooms, locker rooms, saunas, steam rooms, and showers. Hubby said his locker room had a hot tub but I could never find it on my side. Also the steam room on my side was so hot--it was like scalding, face-melting hot. It was kind of disappointing since I love to go back and forth between the steam room and sauna.

The thermal spa does get busy and yeah the loungers can be hard to get but we felt like we got our fair share and if there were no loungers, we would just sit in the hot tub or go to the relaxation lounge. We used the passes every day and felt like we got our money's worth.

38000982996_64e199a32e_b.jpg041 by Steph G, on Flickr

"]38054434431_cb90f73ea0_b.jpg046 by Steph G, on Flickr

"]24202049668_275f961896_b.jpg047 by Steph G, on Flickr

"]38054435841_7d2dca2411_b.jpg042 by Steph G, on Flickr

38000981616_6eb7a083ef_b.jpg043 by Steph G, on Flickr

Great review! Do you recall about how much the spa passes cost at the time?