Manhattan Cruise Terminal Parking Option

mw4357

Just booked accommodations at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park NJ, includes transportation to MCT and costs less than parking at the pier.

Live in CT and will definitely be taking advantage of this every cruise out of NY.

• 5 months later...
So if you stay in NJ, how do you get back across after the cruise? I hear taxis that will make that trip are in short supply or cost double.

You can get an uber or car Service- I live further out in NJ And a car was like $75 the time I didn't make my boyfriend pick us up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at the hotel rate last night. It would be $324 - so for a night's lodging, parking, and transport into the port it seems like we'd be ahead doing that. Easier access as we're coming from the west and cheaper hotel than Manhattan. Even adding a 75 Uber charge at the end of the cruise it seems to be a better deal.

I've never driven in NYC, but hate it in other big cities like Chicago/Boston/Philly

So if you stay in NJ, how do you get back across after the cruise? I hear taxis that will make that trip are in short supply or cost double.

I believe there is a shuttle that brings you back as well which is included in the price of the hotel. You do need to book the special rate. It is the Park Ride and Cruise rate.

We just stayed here for our 6/4 Breakaway cruise. It is a great hotel and the cruise package was fabulous. The ride to the port Sunday morning was roughly 15-20 minutes. They gave us a receipt with the contact information to call when we needed picked back up and taken to the hotel on disembarkation day. Here we ran into a bit more trouble, we had to call twice before someone showed up. I would not hesitate to book this package again.

An even cheaper option is to park at a Newark airport park and ride and take the train to penn station. Then take a taxi to the terminal. Park and ride rates at Newark airport are around $7 a day. I park at one in Elizabeth.

We just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, NJ the night of 6/2 before our 6/3 Gem cruise. I can't say enough good things about it. The rate with taxes was about $340 and included a private car from the hotel to the cruise port, parking our car at the hotel for the week, then the private car picked us up from the port on Saturday, 6/10. We had no trouble meeting the car after the cruise. In fact, they called us several times to find out where we were and our timing. I spoke with both the car service office and the driver and arranged a meeting spot, which was across the street and one block up from Pier 88. It was a very good experience and I highly recommend this hotel. You do have to make sure you're booking the Park & Cruise rate with the hotel and also they will give you a paper to complete once you check in, listing your information and your travel dates.

So for the return trip to the Hilton, did you all do self disembarkation or do the zone thing. Ultimately trying to figure out what time to have the transport meet us.

We did not do self-disembark. We were in the scheduled group at 9:15 and we were right on time getting off the ship. When we were dropped off at the terminal on 6/3, the driver told us his company would be the ones picking us up the following Saturday. He advised us to call them (he gave us their business card) after we claimed our luggage, but before we got in line for customs. He also told us two places we may meet across the street from the port. Note, that you can not use your phone in the customs area. What ended up happening was the limo company called us while we were still on the ship waiting to disembark. I spoke with both their office and the driver that morning and arranged exactly where we would be picked up. The driver also gave us his car number to look for. Once we claimed our luggage, we waited in the customs line for about 10 minutes, then ended up using a porter which expedited us getting through customs. After getting through customs, I called the driver and he was waiting for us exactly where he said. We disembarked at 9:15 and were dropped off at our car at the Hilton Garden Inn by about 10:30.

• 5 months later...

Just booked The Ridgefield Park Hilton Garden Inn for our 2/25 NCL Breakaway departure. This will be the third time doing this, is by far the best option we have used.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just booked The Ridgefield Park Hilton Garden Inn for our 2/25 NCL Breakaway departure. This will be the third time doing this, is by far the best option we have used.

How is the breakfast? We are staying there 2/12

So my wife just corrected me, it is a buffet style breakfast. They do have a good assortment of items including eggs, waffles, breakfast meats, cereals, pastries, potatoes, etc.

I do remember it being pretty busy but dies down once first group of passengers leave. They have several cars, vans, SUV's to bring you to the boat and you call for your pick up which was waiting for us when we got across the street.

Overall each time have had no issues and find it to be the most convenient and least stressful method of getting to the dock.

It's cheaper to park at the pier. Current rate is $40/ day = $280 for a 7 day cruise.

True, but not by much. For those of us that need a hotel either way, you can't beat the price of room, breakfast, and parking combined.

We stayed there for our 10-day Canadian cruise in October. For a longer cruise it is definitely cheaper than staying some place else and parking at the dock. The price of the hotel package is the same regardless of how long you park/cruise. They gave us each a bottle of water at check in. There was coffee, tea and water in the lobby all the time. And the breakfast was a pretty good buffet. Our driver showed up at the designated time and the trip to the dock was a little bit less than 30 minutes. There were several couples going to the port at the same time and we each had our own limo. Yes, it was easy and very stress-free.

Upon return, we did the easy walk-off sometime after 7:30 and we were in our car ready to head home by 9:30. For the ride back to the hotel, I called the service number the first driver provided. After I spoke with the service rep, the driver contacted me several times after that to provide updates.

It's cheaper to park at the pier. Current rate is $40/ day = $280 for a 7 day cruise.
For 7 day cruises, I guess it is....but we never do any cruises for under 10 days so we booked this Hotel for our upcoming 14 day cruise. That said, we always go the day before so getting a room is essential for us. Rooms in Manhatten are very pricey and don't include parking or breakfast. All around the Hilton deal is our best option.

For 7 day cruises, I guess it is....but we never do any cruises for under 10 days so we booked this Hotel for our upcoming 14 day cruise. That said, we always go the day before so getting a room is essential for us. Rooms in Manhatten are very pricey and don't include parking or breakfast. All around the Hilton deal is our best option.

Hi Did you book with the hotel ?Do you have their number.Was wondering if they have handicap transportation for 2 scooters.Thanks for any help

Hi Did you book with the hotel ?Do you have their number.Was wondering if they have handicap transportation for 2 scooters.Thanks for any help

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-jersey/hilton-garden-inn-ridgefield-park-LGARPGI/index.html

I'm not sure of the answer to that, but here's the link to the hotel.

My understanding is that there's a second hotel that offers the Stay, Park and Go also in Ridgefield Park, NJ...

Hilton Garden Inn (201.641.2024) or Hampton Inn (201.641.2900) both in Ridgefield Park, NJ. Make sure to contact the hotel directly for the T&Cs.