11/19 Dawn out of SJ back to St Thomas

Coolwhip82

just got an itinerary change-- we are back to St Thomas instead of St Croix. Is the 12th sailing changing too?

I cannot believe they just changed us back. We had just booked an excursion on St Croix (not through ship) and I cannot believe STT is ready to recieve cruise passengers. Holy moly.

Here’s how Cruise Critic works: If ports are damaged by a hurricane and dropped from an itinerary, it’s bad because folks are decimated by the change. If a previously-dropped Port is put back on an itinerary, it’s bad because folks don’t want to go to a damaged destination.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here’s how Cruise Critic works: If ports are damaged by a hurricane and dropped from an itinerary, it’s bad because folks are decimated by the change. If a previously-dropped Port is put back on an itinerary, it’s bad because folks don’t want to go to a damaged destination.

Main complaint--this is late notice. We sail in 9 days and had already changed plans for St Croix. I don't have unlimited time to change things back and forth.

I know they can change whenever they want, but having paid thousands of dollars for this vacation, I am allowed to be annoyed by this change.

I feel bad for the people on the 12th sailing who only have two days notice.

Unbelievable! We are on the Dawn out of San Juan Dec 3rd and willing to bet they'll be switching ours back, too. I hope they don't switch back to St Maarten as well...

So I just re-read my email. It doesn't look like you will change....for now.

It specifically says 11/12, 11/19, 11/26 and 12/10 will make the switch.

So I just re-read my email. It doesn't look like you will change....for now.

It specifically says 11/12, 11/19, 11/26 and 12/10 will make the switch.

Are you able to copy and paste the email from NCL for us? Thank you

Main complaint--this is late notice. We sail in 9 days and had already changed plans for St Croix. I don't have unlimited time to change things back and forth.

I know they can change whenever they want, but having paid thousands of dollars for this vacation, I am allowed to be annoyed by this change.

I feel bad for the people on the 12th sailing who only have two days notice.

Exactly! It’s the changing back and forth... it’s impossible to plan a vacation. Plus I don’t find it professional. They need to get organized.

Correct, seems like it was a no win either way.

I do not think that this is accurate and disagree.

We had no problem with a changed itinerary initially. We welcomed the change. We wouldn’t voluntarily visit a hurricane destroyed island, and we trusted that NCL placed importance on the value of the customer experience and would not bring us to these places. The initial itinerary change followed this through and I respected that. For them to revert back now does not have the customer’s best interest in mind. The back and forth doesn’t send a good message in regards to our ability to trust what NCL says, and I think it is important to differentiate that just because a cruise port area is open (port and duty free zone), does not mean that the rest of the island has recovered enough or is set up to receive visitors. It is irresponsible.

I was wondering if this was going to happen when I heard that RCCL was returning to St. Maarten and St. Thomas. I had a suspicion that then Dawn's ports may change as well. Guess this confirms it. We will have to wait on our Dec. 28th sailing to see which mystery islands we will be visiting. No email notification of any changes to the changes yet for us.

I am happy to be able to get on a ship and have 7 wonderful days.

Agreed, we will be happy to just be on vacation..

We were happy with going to the port of St. Thomas when we booked originally. When St. Croix was added to our itinerary (replacing Tortola for our cruise), I was excited to be going to a new port (for me). We are beach lovers, but from what I read, St. Croix beaches were decimated by Maria and the sand was all gone. If that is true, I will be happy to switch back to the port of St. Thomas. As long as NCL is looking out for our best interests, I will be happy just to be on the ship.

Following

My family and I️ are leaving San Juan on 12/28 and so far we’re still set for St. Croix. We’re wondering if and when we’ll get an email. We haven’t purchased shore excursions yet so this is good info. I️ hope everything works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you able to copy and paste the email from NCL for us? Thank you

We're on the 11/26 sailing. Here's what we got from Expedia:

Dear Valued Guest,At Norwegian Cruise Line, their number one concern is always the safety of their guests and crew followed by providing the best vacation experience possible. As you are aware, they have been working with their partners in the destinations affected by Hurricane Irma, providing assistance to ensure that these spectacular destinations are up and running and ready to welcome guests as quickly as possible.Their teams have fully assessed St. Thomas’ readiness to accept cruise ships and they are very pleased to begin calling to St. Thomas on select itineraries on their mid-size vessels. Charlotte Amalie’s port area is ready to welcome visitors, as the area’s shops, bars and restaurants are open for business. The majority of tours and excursions are operating normally, including visits to popular Magen’s Bay beach. Norwegian Dawn will be one of the ships to call in St. Thomas instead of St. Croix. Please see below for the ship’s revised itinerary:Sun San Juan, Puerto Rico 9:00pm-Mon At SeaTue Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00am-5:00pmWed Fort-de-France, Martinique 8:00am-5:00pmThu Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00am-5:00pmFri St. John’s, Antigua 8:00am-5:00pmSat St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00am-5:00pmSun San Juan, Puerto Rico -6:00amIf you booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for St. Croix, these will be cancelled and refunded. Once onboard, tours for St. Thomas will be available. We appreciate your understanding and hope that your cruise aboard Norwegian Dawn is an enjoyable and memorable one.Sincerely,Expedia Cruise Customer SupportAARP - Powered by Expedia

We're on the 11/26 sailing. Here's what we got from Expedia:

Dear Valued Guest' date='At Norwegian Cruise Line, their number one concern is always the safety of their guests and crew followed by providing the best vacation experience possible. As you are aware, they have been working with their partners in the destinations affected by Hurricane Irma, providing assistance to ensure that these spectacular destinations are up and running and ready to welcome guests as quickly as possible.Their teams have fully assessed St. Thomas’ readiness to accept cruise ships and they are very pleased to begin calling to St. Thomas on select itineraries on their mid-size vessels. Charlotte Amalie’s port area is ready to welcome visitors, as the area’s shops, bars and restaurants are open for business. The majority of tours and excursions are operating normally, including visits to popular Magen’s Bay beach. Norwegian Dawn will be one of the ships to call in St. Thomas instead of St. Croix. Please see below for the ship’s revised itinerary:Sun San Juan, Puerto Rico 9:00pm-Mon At SeaTue Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00am-5:00pmWed Fort-de-France, Martinique 8:00am-5:00pmThu Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00am-5:00pmFri St. John’s, Antigua 8:00am-5:00pmSat St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00am-5:00pmSun San Juan, Puerto Rico -6:00amIf you booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for St. Croix, these will be cancelled and refunded. Once onboard, tours for St. Thomas will be available. We appreciate your understanding and hope that your cruise aboard Norwegian Dawn is an enjoyable and memorable one.Sincerely,Expedia Cruise Customer SupportAARP - Powered by Expedia[/quote']

Thank you very much :)

We are currently on the Dawn and we're notified by an announcement around 4pm of the change. Very last minute as all week the St Croix excursions were available for sale. I think we may be the first ship back. We will see how it goes

If you can let us know how it goes in St. Thomas.