Are Haven Butlers Included in Service Charge?

travelerpair

You will need to tip them depending you how much you ask them to do for you. If you never use them, no tip is needed. You will know what is the right thing to do.

Thank You! The first logical response I have seen. We have had butlers who have done nothing but became really friendly the day before disembarking. We use the butler and tip for service.

You will need to tip them depending you how much you ask them to do for you. If you never use them, no tip is needed. You will know what is the right thing to do.

I agree with the first two sentences. The last one is a continual question and dilemma for many people.

Do nothing for you. No tip is a great answer.

Concierge does one reservation for you. Nothing else. Low tip, but how much?

Concierge does lots of things for you.

Butler serves multiple meals.

Knowing you should tip SOMETHING is the easy part.

How much is not. I really do not know what to do and we have been in suites three times now.

Don't worry. The butler will probably inform you on the last day that he is not included in the DSC. We really didn't use the concierge much but every night we were eating in a specialty restaurant, the head concierge came by our table to see how we were doing. I guess he knew our reservations even though I booked them. A nice touch so we gave him a nice tip. Also you should know that once anyone on the ship sees your Haven card, they mostly seem to go out if their way to make sure you are happy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

First cruise in the Haven. We have been suite passengers in the past and know how the suite staff tipping works. The Haven is different. Anyone, advice?

While not mandatory, you are expected to tip your butler and concierge.

Suggested tips:

Butler: $10-$15 per day per person in the room (e.g. 7 days, 2 people: $10/$15 * 7 * 2)

Concierge: $5-$10 per day per person in the room

Steward (who is included in the daily service charge, but you can offer extra for your large room): $5-$10 per day per person in the room