Anyone see this huge fight on Carnival Legend, General Cruise Interest

dkjretired

Huge fight and whole family removed from Carnival Legend in Australia, general cruise interest, saw some other videos and security was concerned with not having people take videos with their phones. Also, scroll down in the story to see some injuries on the people.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/02/16/06/29/carnival-legend-cruise-passengers-violent-brawl

Huge fight and whole family removed from Carnival Legend in Australia, general cruise interest, saw some other videos and security was concerned with not having people take videos with their phones. Also, scroll down in the story to see some injuries on the people.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/02/16/06/29/carnival-legend-cruise-passengers-violent-brawl

Yes very glad we were not on that cruise. Scary!

Sadly, fights on Carnival are nothing new. I have seen them firsthand on more than one occasion, but usually between 2-5 individuals and broken up fairly quickly. This event seems to be garnering extra media attention, and the perpetrators look a little "rough" to begin with.

I hate to say it, and I do read more reports of fights/violence on Carnival than other lines, but a fight can happen anywhere, any time .......

Head over to the Australia/New Zealand board for a lengthy discussion.

Carnival's marketing in Australia pushes a family friendly image, but they and P&O Australia also like to promote the "fun-ship" concept. Inevitably you'll get a small percentage of passengers who push the idea of "fun" way too far.

I also encountered a small "gang" of drunken fools on my last RC cruise who were making a nuisance of themselves but luckily they weren't a big enough group to cause serious problems. In the Carnival incident it was a large extended family of almost 30 who ran amuck.

Never seen or heard of it happening on a Celebrity ship out of Australia.

I’m certainly not impressed that Carnival allowed the worst of the intimidation and attacks to continue for THREE days before locking some of the perpetrators in their cabins and booting them off ASAP. As for offering pax 25% off coupons for a future cruise, well, I’d have a good time suggesting where they could stow that offer!

Also, what’s with the crew kicking & threatening victims and confiscating recording devices (and deleting images)? What right did they have to do so? Way to go Carnival. Impressive display all around.

I’m certainly not impressed that Carnival allowed the worst of the intimidation and attacks to continue for THREE days before locking some of the perpetrators in their cabins and booting them off ASAP. As for offering pax 25% off coupons for a future cruise, well, I’d have a good time suggesting where they could stow that offer!

Also, what’s with the crew kicking & threatening victims and confiscating recording devices (and deleting images)? What right did they have to do so? Way to go Carnival. Impressive display all around.

I thought about that also and actually they make the rules so can confiscate them if they wish. Not allowed in US but the ship wasn't in the US.

I thought about that also and actually they make the rules so can confiscate them if they wish. Not allowed in US but the ship wasn't in the US.

Interesting. Do you know if that’s the case on all cruise lines when sailing outside the US waters?

I must say that I wouldn’t be standing that close to a brawl while trying to film it. My sense of self preservation (and DH preservation) is much more highly evolved than that of some of the people milling around the combat area!

Edited by Silkroad

Agree with the other posters, it's disgusting to see a Carnival crew member assault a man down. The lack of professionalism should cost him his job.

It's also disgusting that the security guards prioritized the confiscation of mobile phones over preventing further injury.

As an aside, on Celebrity I've noted before a lot of their security staff are tiny. I've wondered how much use they'd be in a similar event. Very little I expect. That said, I wouldn't really expect to see scenes like that on X just yet.

Interesting. Do you know if that’s the case on all cruise lines when sailing outside the US waters?

I must say that I wouldn’t be standing that close to a brawl while trying to film it. My sense of self preservation (and DH preservation) is much more highly evolved than that of some of the people milling around the combat area!

Outside US waters, its whatever the ship or corporate policy is, I'm sure its not anywhere in writing.

Outside US waters, its whatever the ship or corporate policy is, I'm sure its not anywhere in writing.

Thanks Don. Regardless, should we ever have the misfortune to stumble upon a brawl, we’d move to another area to call security, after which we’d stay out of their way so they could (hopefully) do their jobs.

Michelle

Agree with the other posters, it's disgusting to see a Carnival crew member assault a man down. The lack of professionalism should cost him his job.

It's also disgusting that the security guards prioritized the confiscation of mobile phones over preventing further injury.

As an aside, on Celebrity I've noted before a lot of their security staff are tiny. I've wondered how much use they'd be in a similar event. Very little I expect. That said, I wouldn't really expect to see scenes like that on X just yet.

Think you should have no worries about "tiny" security staff. Bruce Lee is also tiny. I'd want him on my side! I'm sure these small people are capable in ways that we are not aware .

Also was another fight in a Princess ship 1 or 2 weeks ago, One lady was harassed so she break a bottle of wine in the head of the stalker, also the 2 groups was expelled from the cruise

That was P&O not Princess.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5377281/Police-remove-people-P-O-cruise-ship-board-brawl-Sydney.html

The officers in white were kicking and hitting people. Officers were hitting people who were taping the incident. This is one area they can not afford cost cutting measures , people want to feel safe cruising, not feel as though they could be hit by officers or crew members for even standing there. And violence with that kind of violence won't solve anything either.