Best Flight home from Houston airports?

01Sweetpea

We are sailing on the 4/22 Liberty OTS, arriving back in Galveston on 4/29. I'm looking at flights home and have 3 options:

11:10 - HOU

12:00 - IAH

2:40 - IAH

While I'd like to take the 11:10, I'm concerned it may be too close, but is a 12:00 flight safe?

Would it be safer if I have transportation arranged versus calling an Uber?

Thanks!

I would take the 2:40 from IAH myself. I lived in Houston for almost 20 years and (personally) found Hobby to be a dump compared to IAH. You didn't say which airline you are using, but keep in mind that IAH is about 75 miles from the port (with Houston in between) while HOU is about 40 or so and on the south side of Houston..

I would take the 2:40 from IAH myself. I lived in Houston for almost 20 years and (personally) found Hobby to be a dump compared to IAH. You didn't say which airline you are using, but keep in mind that IAH is about 75 miles from the port (with Houston in between) while HOU is about 40 or so and on the south side of Houston..

When was the last time you were at Hobby? It's far from a dump and so much easier to use than IAH. If the OP disembarks first with his luggage and has transportation arranged, the early HOU flight is probably doable. I do agree that if using IAH, the later flight is preferable.

We are sailing on the 4/22 Liberty OTS, arriving back in Galveston on 4/29. I'm looking at flights home and have 3 options:

11:10 - HOU

12:00 - IAH

2:40 - IAH

While I'd like to take the 11:10, I'm concerned it may be too close, but is a 12:00 flight safe?

Would it be safer if I have transportation arranged versus calling an Uber?

Thanks!

We were on the Breeze two weeks ago and did self-disembarkation and we were off the ship and standing outside the terminal by 8:45 AM. We waited until we were outside before we ordered our UberXL and we waited 5-10 minutes and were at HOU by 9:30. Personally I would book the 12:00 PM flight. I think what you’ll find is there will be a ton of drivers in the area waiting to pickup cruisers coming off LOS & the Breeze and they all do Uber & Lyft so it doesn’t matter which you use.

Sent from my iPad using Forums