PAT Question

KDNest

The only shuttle time we could get from our hotel is at 10:30a. Our PAT is 12:00p. Will we be waiting outside or will they let us into the terminal? I have two small kids so I'm trying to prep myself on activities while we wait.

Where is your hotel? If it is an MCO area, you won't be there till 1130 anyhow. If it is a Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach hotel, it depends on how full the terminal is when you arrive. The first bus from MCO (DCL transfer bus) will arrive about 10:15 and those passengers will be allowed to enter the terminal first. Then the people in the line with their own transportation will start entering thru security. The concern is that the fire marshall has strict regulations as to how many people can be in the terminal at any time. Boarding will start about 11:15, and then there will be no worries as people will move rapidly to the ship (clearing the terminal.

The worst I've ever seen or been aware of is people with later PATs being required to wait 10-15 minutes before entering the line for security. Now...that line will take you a while. If you have NO wait due to your later PAT, you may still stand in the security line for 15-30 minutes....they run people thru as fast as they can, but some of your fellow cruisers act like they've never seen a scanner before and are not prepared. It isn't as strict as the airport scanners; you don't have to take off your shoes and stuff. But you do need to empty your pockets and your carry on must fit thru the scanner or be hand inspected. Every person in front of you who leaves their keys in their pockets slows down the line!

Keep checking your on line registration periodically. An earlier PAT might open up and you can edit what you have. But even with the 12:00, you likely will not be kept waiting beyond the line wait.