Sea lice on Castaway Cay?

owlfun

Has anyone experienced recently sealice while on Castaway Cay?

I went last year in February on the Magic and had the unfortunate experience and was not prepared with the lotion that is available for that!

Has any one else had this happen to them?

Has anyone experienced recently sealice while on Castaway Cay?

I went last year in February on the Magic and had the unfortunate experience and was not prepared with the lotion that is available for that!

Has any one else had this happen to them?

The only time I has experienced sea lice was on our August cruise. Our January cruise's...nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YES, I was the one that originally asked! I went last year in February on the Magic and experienced sea lice then on the out island. Going on the Dream this March and I sure hope they are not present! Guess it's hit or miss!

• 11 months later...

My daughter and another child in our group experienced them out in the snorkeling area next to the family beach. This was over the New Year’s cruise just two weeks ago. Two other adults and another child snorkeling with them were not affected. It was so bizarre!

how can one get it ... and not another .... on the same visit ?????

RINSE RINSE RINSE

the nature of DCL's family beach makes it an IDEAL breeding ground so you won't escape these lil buggers if you visit in breeding season

BUT you CAN rinse them off if you are very good about rinsing ... and that means pulling suits away from the body (or getting the suit OFF)

most eruptions happen where the suit elastic is at the skin ...... ya gots to rinse this area BIG TIME ......

YES, I was the one that originally asked! I went last year in February on the Magic and experienced sea lice then on the out island. Going on the Dream this March and I sure hope they are not present! Guess it's hit or miss!

we are on March 9-14 sailing, how about you? neveer heard of sea lice until now.

Never heard of these lice too before researching for our cruise.. Can some one comment how much the lotion is at CC ? or if this is easily available at Target, Walmart in Orlando? is Safe sea the only brand for this? and does it help keep off regular jelly fish too?

We experienced them during our Fantasy cruise in October. The kids went out into the snorkeling lagoon, near all of the grassy plants in the water and that's when they started to itch.

We've never used lotion so I have no idea if it works. The nurse at first aid was spraying people with something (vinegar?) to neutralize the sting. A lot of people were affected. We did not go back in above our knees for the rest of the day.

I grew up in South Florida where this is a regular phenomenon so I'm used to not swimming at the beach!

Never heard of these lice too before researching for our cruise.. Can some one comment how much the lotion is at CC ? or if this is easily available at Target, Walmart in Orlando? is Safe sea the only brand for this? and does it help keep off regular jelly fish too?

I bought my safe sea spray from Amazon.

• 1 month later...