Box of Water Bottles

coldflame

It is a violation of DCL policy, but it was a violation 4 years ago as well. You are welcome to bring a case of water on board, but all beverages must be in your carry on luggage. The porters do not work for DCL and they want your tips...so they have no motivation to enforce the policies of various lines.

Folks always have a fit on the boards about it but we do it on EVERY cruise not just disney but every one, we have a duffel bag we use and put a whole case in, they DONT leak and they get there every time, the whole dont put in checked bags is really more for booze then water

While I can appreciate the above opinion, I was the victim of a suitcase that was saturated with some sort of white wine (based on the smell). DCL attributed this to a guest who couldn't follow the rules.

If you put any beverage in a piece of checked luggage and it leaks or bursts, DCL will charge you for cleaning/damage to any other guests belongings IF they can identify you as the individual who packed it. The way the luggage is piled up for delivery to the rooms, it is remarkable that they don't have more damage.

Not all lines have the "carry on only" rule. Princess, for example, will allow you to slap a label on a case of water or soda and have it delivered to your room.

Folks always have a fit on the boards about it but we do it on EVERY cruise not just disney but every one, we have a duffel bag we use and put a whole case in, they DONT leak and they get there every time, the whole dont put in checked bags is really more for booze then water

I hope my bag isn't under or next to yours when your bag gets manhandled and bottles break. Yes, plastic bottles can break and leak. It just takes one time to ruin someone's day.