QE oceanview cabin 6001

Camgirl

We are considering this cabin for a cruise to Iceland. Has anyone any information or pictures of the cabin? We have been in oceanview cabins on deck 1 before. I am interested to know if the layout is the same. Also what is the view like as it is forward facing over the little balcony. Has anyone found any problems with this cabin?

Thanks for any help.

We are considering this cabin for a cruise to Iceland. Has anyone any information or pictures of the cabin? We have been in oceanview cabins on deck 1 before. I am interested to know if the layout is the same. Also what is the view like as it is forward facing over the little balcony. Has anyone found any problems with this cabin?

Thanks for any help.

hi....these two staterooms in my opinion are the best of the ocean views as they are the largest and have the best views and the balcony that runs along the front isn't what I would call little....it runs the width of the ship. If you can book them, I would do it straight away they are very popular.

There are some photos of the equivalent stateroom on the QV on my blog here if you want to see what the layout is like. 6001 and 6002 are mirror images of each other...

http://exitviathegiftshop.blogspot.co.nz/2016/04/strike-one-for-little-guy.html

have a great trip...

roscoe

hi....these two staterooms in my opinion are the best of the ocean views as they are the largest and have the best views and the balcony that runs along the front isn't what I would call little....it runs the width of the ship. If you can book them, I would do it straight away they are very popular.

There are some photos of the equivalent stateroom on the QV on my blog here if you want to see what the layout is like. 6001 and 6002 are mirror images of each other...

have a great trip...

roscoe

Thanks Roscoe, that' is really helpful and confirmed what we hoped for. We have gone ahead and booked the cabin. Not worried about any movement and looking forwards to the different views.

Camgirl

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2018 at 2:03 PM, Camgirl said:

Thanks for any help.

How was the cabin and the cruise.  Thank you

On 2/10/2018 at 2:22 PM, roscoe39 said:

have a great trip...

roscoe

Is the balcony assessable to the general public?  Thank you

21 minutes ago, Harley52 said:

Is the balcony assessable to the general public or only for the occupants of cabins 6001 and 6002.  Thank you

Hi harley, the balcony is only officially open when opened by the Captain - usually when it is coming into a port of some significance , venice, the Panama Canal, Auckland. When opened in these circumstances its for all....

48 minutes ago, roscoe39 said:

Hi harley, the balcony is only officially open when opened by the Captain - usually when it is coming into a port of some significance , venice, the Panama Canal, Auckland. When opened in these circumstances its for all....

Thank you for the prompt response.  It is nice to know that there will not be much foot traffic while at sea.  Is there any obstruction at all from cabin 6001 or 6002.  Kindest regards.

hi Harley,

no you shouldn't have any foot traffic, in fact here are some pics of the layout of the stateroom plus one of the view looking straight ahead on my blog http://exitviathegiftshop.blogspot.com/2016/04/strike-one-for-little-guy.html

I wrote this during my 2016 world cruise when I had that particular stateroom for half the trip. 

The amusing thing was the reactions of people who tried peering through the window when there were people on the balcony. Dont worry, its mirrored they cant see much and what they did see made them look away quite quickly.

• Like 1

Hi Harley52,

We still haven't had the cruise yet! It is not until September. Just under 9 weeks to go now so getting excited.

We were on a cruise to norway a couple of weeks ago (on QV) and had a balcony near the front on deck 6. We didn't see the little balcony open at all during that cruise. However, I have been on it on a previous Norway cruise. I wouldn't have looked into the windows anyway but I can't remember others doing so either.

There should be no obstruction.

57 minutes ago, Annabellecruiser said:

I booked this cabin for my Norway cruise in October, really looking forward to seeing the view from a different perspective.

Us too. Hoping to spot whales in Iceland. That would be a real treat! It will be a great cabin for you in Norway - Enjoy!

56 minutes ago, Camgirl said:

Us too. Hoping to spot whales in Iceland. That would be a real treat! It will be a great cabin for you in Norway - Enjoy!

If you want to see whales come to Newfoundland and Labrador.image.png.6b57257618c7a4b2efd57b8ecfdbfcf8.pngimage.png.1194b31c5803cc48f74e01a7afc836f4.pngimage.png.b07a4b67a97f25bb8df17d2bf04d88ba.png

Edited by Harley52

On 7/6/2019 at 1:42 PM, Harley52 said:

If you want to see whales come to Newfoundland and Labrador.image.png.6b57257618c7a4b2efd57b8ecfdbfcf8.pngimage.png.1194b31c5803cc48f74e01a7afc836f4.pngimage.png.b07a4b67a97f25bb8df17d2bf04d88ba.png

I would love to. I hope to get there one day. At the moment we are limited in our holidays by work and I don't fly 😕

1 hour ago, Camgirl said:

I would love to. I hope to get there one day. At the moment we are limited in our holidays by work and I don't fly 😕

You can take the QE from Southhampton to New York and then drive to Newfoundland and Labrador, no flying involved.

1 hour ago, Harley52 said:

You can take the QE from Southhampton to New York and then drive to Newfoundland and Labrador, no flying involved.

I had QM2 to Canada and a train trip in mind! At the moment that would need more holiday than we get in order to do it properly. One day hopefully. It is definately high on my list.

In the mean time I will have to make do with Icelandic whale watching.

I will try to remember to report on the cabin on my return. We are looking forwards to a rare forwards view.

16 minutes ago, Camgirl said:

I had QM2 to Canada and a train trip in mind! At the moment that would need more holiday than we get in order to do it properly. One day hopefully. It is definately high on my list.

In the mean time I will have to make do with Icelandic whale watching.

I will try to remember to report on the cabin on my return. We are looking forwards to a rare forwards view.

Have a nice trip and leave the cabin in A1 condition, giggles here.  Fair winds and following seas.....Harley

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I said I would report back on this cabin after our cruise to Iceland. 

We got back yesterday. We had a fantastic trip (Host Hattie has written all about the cruise on another thread). Cabin 6001 is a really great place to be. It is definately bigger and we liked the layout with the door half way down the side. We had some moderate seas but apart from the odd crash from the waves we had no problems in the cabin. The balcony was never opened for the public and we only spotted one lone Cunard staff member walk past during the whole trip. We like the net curtains open so it was lucky it wasn't too early in the day!! We saw some beautiful views of the moon through the window and the room always seemed to be bright and sunny. I even managed to sit on the window sill to watch our journey. Lovely! It is also super quiet as the only adjoining cabin is end on at the bathroom end so there is absolutely no noise from other cabins. We would book this cabin again like a shot.

I hope that helps anyone looking at this cabin. 

Enjoy your cruise Harley52.

• Like 1