Disneyland

skrufy

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orange County...On Harbor just south of Disneyland...Not to go to Disney, but for a conference...but the hotel was full of families there for the parks...

They did have a shuttle--for a fee--to take you to Disney...$6 per adult, $3 per kid under 10...(I think that's round trip)...

Of course, the entrance to the park is only about a mile and a half north...and, if you have a family of four and are paying $18-24 for that, you can probably do it cheaper with Uber...or even walk it...It's a flat mile and a half...

The Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton and Doubletree are even closer...

Anyway, for our purposes, we enjoyed the Hyatt...had a nice two room suite on an upper floor...And there were some easy casual restaurants right across the street...

Anyway, there are hotels all along that stretch of Harbor Blvd. Every major hotel chain has at least one, if not more, in that area...

What the late Walt Disney always regretted about Disneyland, it's that he didn't buy up all the land around it--so everyone else cashed in on the hotel business associated with the park...It's why they bought so much acreage in Orlando--in order to make sure they had a monopoly on the close-in hotel market.

For transportation to or from the Long Beach Carnival Terminal from there, you'll likely need to use either one of the shared shuttle companies, a car service like Super Shuttle's Execucar...or Uber...

Desert Palms Hotel & Suites, it's adjacent to the entrance to MouseLand, 10-15 minute walk without crossing any city streets. Free rooftop hot breakfast. The back of the hotel borders the backside of the Cars Land facade.

Close enough that if you forget something you can go back and get it and still make the ride with your people on Star Tours. Don't ask me how I know.

My go to place is the Candy Cane Inn. Walkable to the park, and although you won’t have a car, parking is included. Also includes breakfast in the morning. My daughter in SD just had a friend visit her and they stayed there. Friend loved it and said she will never stay anywhere else now.

• 4 weeks later...

We have stayed at Park Vue Inn, which is right across the street and very convenient for the parks. Back when we stayed there it was very affordable - it has tripled in price since and I, personally, wouldn't pay that much extra for convenience. Just this January we stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton near the convention centre. It was a great hotel, offered free breakfast daily and free dinner (with FREE beer and wine) Sunday through Thursday. The hotel was a 5 minute walk to the Toy Story parking lot where you can hop on a free shuttle to the park. We will be staying there again for sure!

To get from the port to Anaheim, we pre-booked with Lansky for a private transfer. https://www.golansky.com/services.html It was $110 for the 4 of us and they provided a car seat. The driver waited just a few minutes from the port and as soon as we got outside we sent him a text and he came in to pick us up. It was very professional and we used them for our transfer to the airport after Disney a few days later!