Interesting survey from Azamara.

Lottie A

We've recently been bombarded with promotional emails from Azamara for some reason, so much so that my OH has unsubscribed. Whilst they are charging the prices they are, using underhand tactics with 'promotions' and cancelling due to charters it will be some time before we sail with them again, if ever - which is a shame as we love the onboard experience. I also received the survey this morning. Took the time to fill it in only to find that when it came to submitting it took me back to the top of the survey. Tried it twice and gave up :rolleyes:

I get that not everyone gets asked all the time and that they collect a sample of views. Just need when it is your turn for it to work :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed with Azamara for the first time in 2007, on their third cruise, and we’ve sailed with them every few years since. I know they have my email address, because I occasionally get a marketing email from them. But I have NEVER received an important email or a survey from them. Not when our cruise was cancelled for a charter, and not when the itinerary changed for our upcoming cruise. Nor does our travel agent get these emails either I hear important news on here, then I email my agent, she calls Azamara, and we go from there. I love the onboard experience, but heir email processes leave something to be desired!

Thanks to all you amazing Azamara patrons.

Your analysis on avoiding changes being proposed by RCL (ie make Azamara like Celebrity with class structure) is excellent.

We left Celebrity in 2015 and are now patronizing Oceania and considering Azamara and Viking to precisely avoid the curse of class segmentation.

There seems to be a wide void developing between the mass cruise lines and the premium lines (Azamara, Oceania, Viking) and much of the void relates to previous patrons of the mass lines who are increasingly fed up with the attributes of the mass lines (class segmentation, nickle and diming, loud intrusive music, art auctions, degrading of food and service, fixation on keeping patrons boozed up etc) and are moving to the premium lines. We love Oceania.

It is unsettling to hear of this survey from the RCL parent company.

Hope your comments will stop the RCL freight train of homogenizing all their cruise brands into dumbed down, class structured, revenue generating focused Las Vegas clones.

Hold your ground folks!