Not again! Another media beat-up plus possible court case.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:24 AM.
Batehaven, Australia
10,900 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by gbenjo
Perhaps they could use a little "common sense" and NOT stick the card in their mouth....... and by the way ..the sanitizer is for the hands ..not the face 😱
Time for protective gloves for your mob Graham, with those grubs sticking their cards in their gob. I would put the gloves on, Work, Health and Safety Issue.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Batehaven, Australia
10,900 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by cruisine21
The Ovation has iPads in the promenade to use the Royal IQ app to book restaurant and shore excursion bookings. Drinks at the Bionic Bar are ordered on iPads. I wouldn’t be game to even touch them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We take our own iPad, the ships ones would be dodgy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..

Melbourne
592 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
The Ovation has iPads in the promenade to use the Royal IQ app to book restaurant and shore excursion bookings. Drinks at the Bionic Bar are ordered on iPads. I wouldn’t be game to even touch them.

There have been a number of studies on the cleanliness of iPads and iPhones, and other such touch devices.

The ones on display in stores were swabbed and found to host an enormous amount of unpleasantness. Easily transferred, not nice if infectious.

Use of such devices on a cruise ship would not be my ideal.

To make people feel better, Private devices were also swabbed. Not good results.

Submitted from my iPad.
Canberra Australia
41,211 Posts
Joined Apr 2012

I just wash my hands afterward.
Canberra Australia
41,211 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by NSWP
I don't even take our mobile phone overseas, iPad will do, use the Elite internet on Princess and most hotels give it to you anyway. I don't think the Noro would hit ye olde iPad. But one could contract it from the key board of the on board 'putters, watch out for them little varmints.
LOL, I actually meant Subscriber Trunk Dialling when referring to STDs on the phone
Sydney, Australia
14,226 Posts
Joined Oct 2008

Wouldn't expect them to be any different from handrails, lift buttons and so on. And that's why the crew regularly clean things that are touched.

It's not automatic that if you touch anything touched by another person you'll get sick...
Sydney Australia
1,660 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by NSWP
Time for protective gloves for your mob Graham, with those grubs sticking their cards in their gob. I would put the gloves on, Work, Health and Safety Issue.
We have started to encourage guests to hold and present their own card but then we have the "challenge" of having them turn the card barcode side up They do have a fifty / fifty chance of getting it right....... BUT.. 😱 If I have to, I will take the card by the two edges and advise them that the buffet is open and there is no need to eat their seapass......they get the message 😁
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ruby Princess
Mediterranean- July 2009
Dawn Princess - Whitsundays October 2010

Rhapsody of the Seas- Sydney-Hawaii April 2011
Radiance of the Seas-Top End Australia February 2012
Reef Endeavour - Yasawa Islands Fiji- May 2012
Oosterdam-Pacific Islands March 2014
Celebrity Solstice-Sydney-Hawaii April 2015
Celebrity Infinity- Panama Canal April/May 2015
Pacific Eden - Australia Day January 2017

Carnival Legend-3 day Sampler November 2017
Batehaven, Australia
10,900 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
We have started to encourage guests to hold and present their own card but then we have the "challenge" of having them turn the card barcode side up They do have a fifty / fifty chance of getting it right....... BUT.. �� If I have to, I will take the card by the two edges and advise them that the buffet is open and there is no need to eat their seapass......they get the message ��
Great response, some pax can't wait until they get to the Food Jammer, sorry Windjammer, they want to eat their sea pass, fries with that? I bet they get the message.

I know what you mean, my wife managed a newsagency for twenty years, they would walk in with a dollar coin in their teeth for their paper, I suppose they were 'armless.' lol.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Canberra Australia
41,211 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
We have started to encourage guests to hold and present their own card but then we have the "challenge" of having them turn the card barcode side up They do have a fifty / fifty chance of getting it right....... BUT.. 😱 If I have to, I will take the card by the two edges and advise them that the buffet is open and there is no need to eat their seapass......they get the message 😁
LOL, you always provide great advice.