Suite Perks: Specialty Restaurants

Priya2

I do like the idea of a quieter restaurant. We also enjoy sharing a table and meeting new people. Unfortunately, on our last cruise, the MDR was so noisy (and hot) that it really wasn’t enjoyable. I’m only 58, but given that auditory acuity reduces with age, and I already notice I struggle to hear clearly bit in a loud environment, it must be very tough for those in their 70s and 80s

I do like the idea of a quieter restaurant. We also enjoy sharing a table and meeting new people. Unfortunately, on our last cruise, the MDR was so noisy (and hot) that it really wasn’t enjoyable. I’m only 58, but given that auditory acuity reduces with age, and I already notice I struggle to hear clearly bit in a loud environment, it must be very tough for those in their 70s and 80s

I prefer the lower level by a window in the MDR toward the back. It’s quieter and makes quite a difference. Where the round Captain's table is on the top level in the middle or anywhere near it is the loudest part of the dining room.

Phil

When we sail in a suite, I love eating in Prime C and Aqualina almost every night. It is generally quieter than the main dining room, a big plus for me.

But not being able to share a table with another couple is a huge minus for us. Sure, if we meet another couple during the day and arrange to have dinner with them, we're all set. However, if that other couple is not in a suite and doesn't want to pay an extra fee for dinner, it becomes an awkward conversation:o.

Oceania seems to have no problem with specialty restaurant table shares. I wish Azamara would figure it out.

One of the things that puts me off Oceania is that you are mostly forced to share a table in the Speciality Restaurants. There are very few tables for two.

I prefer not to share a table in Aqualina and Prime C, unless it is with my friends. I find the quietest area in the MDR is near the entrance. Once you get further into the MDR the noise seems to increase.

I had a somewhat different experience on Oceania than Lottie. We recently spent 14 nights on the Oceania Marina and ate in Specialty restaurants about half the evenings. Each time we were given a table for the size of our party, either 2 or 4, and never had to share with strangers. Note that we either had a reservation, or showed up after 8:00 when the specialties were emptying out.

One of the things that puts me off Oceania is that you are mostly forced to share a table in the Speciality Restaurants. There are very few tables for two.

I prefer not to share a table in Aqualina and Prime C, unless it is with my friends.

My feelings exactly. Oceania and Regent really have to share--and they choose your tablemates unless you gather a group yourself--as there is no surcharge and everyone wants to go as often as possible.

No thanks.

I prefer not to share a table in Aqualina and Prime C, unless it is with my friends. I find the quietest area in the MDR is near the entrance. Once you get further into the MDR the noise seems to increase.

Oh no I hate forced sharing. Much prefer the Azamara method

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're never been forced to share a table on Oceania. Meeting new people is part of the fun of cruising for us. To each her own.

I like meeting new people too and often choose to share tables in the MDR. It's just in the specialities that I prefer to be with the friends I know. We often chat to nearby tables though!