San Francisco Union Square Shopping

clutchcurrier

We are staying at the Westin St Francis on Union Square for our February, 2019 Princess Cruise. Is there a shop nearby to buy wine before our cruise?

Nope. San Francisco is little more than an outpost in a vast wasteland. Tough to find much of anything there.

We are staying at the Westin St Francis on Union Square for our February, 2019 Princess Cruise. Is there a shop nearby to buy wine before our cruise?

We're boarding the Grand Princess in SF this Friday, staying at a Marriott. I'll try to remember to get back with you. A Google map may help; I'm not sure what kind of stores sell wine.

Doris

Rochester Hills, MI (small world, really!!)

There is a wine bar right around the corner from the Westin. It’s called ENO Wine Bar on Geary St. There’s also a Walgreens drugstore a couple of blocks down on Powell St. I used to work near there but don’t remember if they sell any type of alcoholic beverages.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have stayed at the St Francis several times. The Walgreens just two blocks down Powell Street is considered their "flagship" store and has a huge selection of wines and other liquor. It's much cheaper than buying in the hotel lobby wine shop.

You will love the St Francis it's so full of history. Try Sears Fine Food just up the street on Powell, in the opposite direction from Walgreens, for breakfast.

Great dinner locations are Le Colonial just a few blocks from St Francis easy walk. Try the cucumber martini (off menu just ask). We also had a great dinner at Foreign Cinema in the Mission District (take UBER).

In California you can buy all alcohol(wine,beer,liquor etc) at every grocery store,pharmacy,7-11 etc. It is everywhere!! You'll be in the middle of a large city so you'll have lots of choices. Google nmaps is a tool for finding these things. Put your hotel into Google and click on the map. Then use the search nearby function for whatever you need.