El Cheapo Cruises Thread

More a deal for solo travellers as there's _no single supplement._ A good price in general, but with only a week to go, that's balanced out by the short notice. For solos though it's really cheap compared to usual.

NCL Jewel SYD-SIN 18 nights

Itin:

Sydney, Australia Newcastle, Australia Brisbane, Australia Airlie Beach, Australia Cairns (Yorkey’s Knob), Australia Darwin, Australia Komodo, Indonesia Bali (Benoa), Indonesia Semarang, Indonesia DISEMBARK Singapore, Singapore

Dep Tue 20 Feb

Inside: $1622 AUD, OV $1891, BL$2025, Mini-suite $2093

https://www.ncl.com/au/en/cruises/JEWEL18SYDNTLBNEAIRCNSDRWKOMDPSSRGSIN?itineraryCode=JEWEL18SYDNTLBNEAIRCNSDRWKOMDPSSRGSIN

:DI must have had all my ducks in a row today:D

Booked this, and TA is giving $50 off for Valentines Day, AND scored $25.00 off my next tank of diesel with my AA card, AND the TA undercut the airline website fare by $50.

Well done. I hope your ducks stay aligned.:D

Sydney to Auckland

17 March 2018

4 Nights

Pacific Jewel

Up To $50 Onboard Credit*

Twin From $196 pp

Quad From $231 pp

$201pp for twin ocean view

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$48.75 per night.....

Try booking a room in a Hotel/Motel/even a camping ground site for that price...and it includes meals.:rolleyes:

Yep....that is a good deal. :):)

Here's a deal worth posting (unfortunately not available to us Aussies!!!)..........

I am booked on the Regal Princess next month doing a 7 day Caribbean cruise and someone just posted on the thread that they just booked the cruise for US$99 for an inside guarantee. They were then offered a BB Balcony upgrade for another US$99 each.

A BB Balcony cabin for US$198 for a 7 day cruise is a great bargain in my eyes!! I am not going to mention what I paid 6 months ago for the same cruise!!!!:ship:

Here's a deal worth posting (unfortunately not available to us Aussies!!!)..........

I am booked on the Regal Princess next month doing a 7 day Caribbean cruise and someone just posted on the thread that they just booked the cruise for US$99 for an inside guarantee. They were then offered a BB Balcony upgrade for another US$99 each.

A BB Balcony cabin for US$198 for a 7 day cruise is a great bargain in my eyes!! I am not going to mention what I paid 6 months ago for the same cruise!!!!:ship:

Wow, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival seem to have some flash sales for some cruises. Yesterday between 2pm and midnight, they had a Carnival Spirit cruise.

11 day for $BALCONY BARGAIN !!!

$999pp Twin Share for 11nts

Pacific Islands from Sydney

Departing 25th November 2019

Cabin Grade BL, Guaranteed Balcony

they also had their Suites on sale for starting at around $1500pp

This morning the Balconies are $1500pp and the suites at $2900pp.

My advice, if you see it and are interested, do not wait and just book it while it lasts.

Just a new thought for anyone who does not like to book on spek in case they have to cancel and will lose their deposits.

I have a PayPal account and have just received a notice from them

They now offer a COMPLIMENTARY deposit insurance up to the value of $500 once per year if you pay the deposit through their account NO EXCESS so that has to be better than any travel insurance possible claim if you met the insurance cancellation rules that is. The cover is from CHUBB

Just a new thought for anyone who does not like to book on spek in case they have to cancel and will lose their deposits.

I have a PayPal account and have just received a notice from them

They now offer a COMPLIMENTARY deposit insurance up to the value of $500 once per year if you pay the deposit through their account NO EXCESS so that has to be better than any travel insurance possible claim if you met the insurance cancellation rules that is. The cover is from CHUBB

The policy wording needs to be checked. For instance, it does not cover "change of mind".

But which cruise lines accept PayPal?

Just checked our Princess booking online and we can pay final money by using PayPal.

It says there will be 1.% charge. I assume they mean 1.1%, which is the usual charge for paying by credit card.

Just checked our Princess booking online and we can pay final money by using PayPal.

It says there will be 1.% charge. I assume they mean 1.1%, which is the usual charge for paying by credit card.

No it will be just 1% several of sales companies charge for PayPal but not as much as they do for credit cards

This is in my opinion a great deal.

Departing September 14, 2018 on

Celebrity's Celebrity Millennium

Brochure Inside $2,198 Our Inside $899 You Save 59% Brochure Oceanview $2,438 Our Oceanview $969 You Save 60% Brochure Balcony $2,898 Our Balcony $1,199 You Save 59% Brochure Suite $6,098 Our Suite $3,699 You Save 39%

CHECK IT OUT ON US SITES,

South Pacific 30 April 2018 10 Nights Pacific Explorer Up To $500 Onboard Credit* Twin From $689 pp

Quad From $698 pp

South Pacific 14 May 2018 10 Nights Pacific Explorer Up To $500 Onboard Credit* Twin From $689 pp

Quad From $991 pp

There seem to be quite a few good deals around for cruises in the next couple of months. DW & I have been look8ng for something a little later in the year and we finally found and booked:

20th August 2018

10 nights South Pacific ex Sydney

Carnival Spirit

Inside $899pp

Balcony $1,099pp

At that price we took a balcony! I’m glad we paid the deposit last night because the price has gone back up this morning! :eek:

Now, if we could only find a similar deal in Europe for the same of year in 2019...:confused: