Waitlist for Portion of World Cruise 2018

Cqis

We are on the waitlist for the potion of the world Cruise 2018 from Hong Cong to Cape Town. Does this happen often this early ? :eek: We really want this cruise. I know that this is insane but I hope someone's son or daughter is getting married and they have to cancel .

The 2018 World Cruise sold out amazingly early. For most of the last five years (as long as I have been watching world cruises), there have been cabins available for segments and the whole cruise right up until sailing. For whatever reason, the 2018 was totally sold out 50 weeks in advance.

It was reported from those on the 2017 WC that there was a hefty waitlist for 2018. We have had a few people who have joined the roll call recently who said they were on the waitlist but had finally made it to the top. So, don't give up hope!

We are on the waitlist for the portion of the World Cruise 2018 from Hong Kong to Cape Town. Does this happen often this early ? :eek: We really want this cruise. I know that this is insane but I hope someone's son or daughter is getting married and they have to cancel .

Hope you clear the waitlist because I'd enjoy meeting you after I board in Hong Kong! Will look for your CC name on the 2018 WC roll call and in the photo album.

• 9 months later...

I'm resurrecting this old thread in hopes Cqis, or others, will chime in with how this turned out for them!

We are looking ahead to either the 2020 or 2021 World Cruise. Does anyone have a rough estimate of when the 2020 WC will open for bookings? Also, how do these deposits work? Is it refundable/transferrable until final payment is made? If so, is it only transferrable to other Grand Voyages? Thanks so much!

We are looking ahead to either the 2020 or 2021 World Cruise. Does anyone have a rough estimate of when the 2020 WC will open for bookings?

Since the booking for the 2019 WC opened in June, 2017, my guess is that 2020 will open this coming June.

Check with your TA, and see if there is a pre-booking list started, or when one will be started. Get on that, and you will be among the first to be booked.

Hi Guys, Sorry it took so long for me to post.

We did not want to wait any longer for the cruise we really wanted . It seemed to never come available.

We booked The March 12,2018 - 28 days World Cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona. It is also sold out. now.

We booked an inside. Did get a upsell but it was too expensive for us.

Thanks for your concern.

We have booked 3 previous trips to Africa and all got cancelled. Two land and one HAL. The HAL port in Egypt was cancelled because of conflict , another port in Turkey was added. We did dock in Israel. It was a Holy Land Cruise, I forgot the year

I am on pin and needles, and extremely excited. I so want this cruise.

Cely

Hi Guys, Sorry it took so long for me to post.

We did not want to wait any longer for the cruise we really wanted . It seemed to never come available.

We booked The March 12,2018 - 28 days World Cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona. It is also sold out. now.

We booked an inside. Did get a upsell but it was too expensive for us

Sounds like the cruise you booked was the first segment of the Grand Med cruise. Hope you enjoy it, we are on the same cruise, but round trip.

I'm resurrecting this old thread in hopes Cqis, or others, will chime in with how this turned out for them!

We are looking ahead to either the 2020 or 2021 World Cruise. Does anyone have a rough estimate of when the 2020 WC will open for bookings? Also, how do these deposits work? Is it refundable/transferrable until final payment is made? If so, is it only transferrable to other Grand Voyages? Thanks so much!

Pete...who is a blogger on the current World Cruise (2018)....posted the 4 options Holland America are thinking of doing on the 2020 World Cruise....they wanted the cruiser's opinions......

http://www.theinsidecabin.com/2020-world-cruise-possibilities/