Hotel in Singapore

cape cruising

We stayed at the Swissotel Merchant Court. It is located at a bend in Clark Quay, a very popular entertainment district in Singapore. It is great for night life, and for daytime walks. A person can walk all the way down to the Marina Sands area with it's amazing hotel with gardens and pool spanning the top of the three towers.

Book a room overlooking the river and this is what you will see at night:

Swisshotel%20Singapore%201.JPG

Swisshotel%20Singapore%202.JPG

THE MARINA BAY SANDS HOTEL

shutterstock_163183157.jpg

Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel was my choice and I found it to be very well located for my purposes. The Hop On/Off buses stopped very close to the hotel (no need to cross the busy street) and there are ample dining facilities within easy walking distance of the hotel.. Just around the corner of the hotel is an excellent buffet restaurant that offered a wide variety of Asian cuisine. My traveling companions and I ate there the first night off our cruise. As part of our group was an Australian couple; the wife was a Singapore native and returns often to the city to visit her relatives. They recommended it and they were not wrong!

We loved the Royal Plaza on Scott's Road...and would definitely stay there again...great location !!

Also use the MRT to get to Lau Pa Sat (google) for the best night time Satay ever starts at 6:30pm they take over the whole street and set up tables...so amazing we went two nights during our pre-cruise.

We are staying in Chinatown rather than bang centre.

This is due to the food culture and nightlife there. We are just next to the street that closes off so it can be set up as a huge food eating area and near the Buddha tooth temple.

Wish I could remember the name of the hotel but its on my husband's computer.

I'll be staying at the Marina Bay Sands at the end of my cruise next week for 3 days! I am so excited. Yeah, it's more expensive than the other hotels in the area... but it's something I've wanted to do since the hotel got built. :D

I don't blame you for being excited! Surely, it is a most unique structure and I hope you will have a wonderful stay. Please consider returning to CC for a review of your experience.