Suite Amenities Package - Is there any value there?

Epicureangirl

I had not noticed this under the "Gifts & Indulgences" section (of the HAL My Reservations > Purchase) before:

SUITE AMENITIES PACKAGE, DOUBLE, 7-10 DAYS $419

With a Suite Amenities Package, you'll receive in-suite beverages upon embarkation with two bottles of wine of your choice, and two bottles of your favorite liquor. In addition you'll enjoy a $50 beverage card, a monogrammed bathrobe to relax, fresh cut flowers, complimentary laundry and pressing*, a daily high tea or cold canapes delivered to your stateroom, and an elegant dinner for two at the Pinnacle Grill. This package includes special disembarkation privileges, enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill before leaving the ship at your leisure. Pinnacle Grill dinner reservations to be made by the guest on board. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item.

Do you think there's any value there? I'm not sure how to estimate a few items -- chime in if you know what they might cost on HAL.

As for estimates I'm thinking:

• Two Bottles of Wine $?
  • Two Bottles of Liquor $?
  • Beverage Card $50
  • Flowers $50 (if they give you a half-decent bouquet)
  • Complimentary laundry and pressing (7 per day) $49
  • Robes $100 (assuming they don't make you share ONE bathrobe!)
  • Daily Canapes or High Tea delivered to your stateroom $?
  • Pinnacle Dinners $62
  • Special Disembarkation Privileges $0
  • Breakfast at Pinnacle Grill $0 (unless it is more special than the dining room options)

There are several things on this list I'd already be buying without a package (bottles of wine, beverage card, flowers, laundry, Pinnacle dinners). Not sure about the food delivered in room (I'm sure the selection is better at afternoon tea).

Thoughts?

Sure, there's value there. But if you purchase the items individually they would cost about the same. In other words, there's no discount with the package. There have been other threads about the package from some time ago. My experience was in 2012. I wouldn't get it again. But that's also because I don't need any more bathrobes and we now receive free laundry!

BTW, with the doubles package that you quote, you get two $50 beverage cards. And I think you might be overvaluing the floral bouquet. I don't think it's any more than the "bouquet" on the room service tray; at least, we didn't think so. The wine is probably valued at $15/bottle and the liquor at $25 or $30/bottle. You can choose the liquor from a list the beverage steward will have; some choices may "cost" two bottles for the one. I think in those older threads I mentioned earlier, someone scanned the list which shows which liquors "cost" more than one bottle.

One other thing to note is that for the afternoon tea/canapes, one needs to be in the cabin to receive it. Depending on what you're doing that afternoon, it can impact your activities.

I had not noticed this under the "Gifts & Indulgences" section (of the HAL My Reservations > Purchase) before:

SUITE AMENITIES PACKAGE, DOUBLE, 7-10 DAYS $419

With a Suite Amenities Package, you'll receive in-suite beverages upon embarkation with two bottles of wine of your choice, and two bottles of your favorite liquor. In addition you'll enjoy a $50 beverage card, a monogrammed bathrobe to relax, fresh cut flowers, complimentary laundry and pressing*, a daily high tea or cold canapes delivered to your stateroom, and an elegant dinner for two at the Pinnacle Grill. This package includes special disembarkation privileges, enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill before leaving the ship at your leisure. Pinnacle Grill dinner reservations to be made by the guest on board. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item.

Do you think there's any value there? I'm not sure how to estimate a few items -- chime in if you know what they might cost on HAL.

As for estimates I'm thinking:

• Two Bottles of Wine $?
  • Two Bottles of Liquor $?
  • Beverage Card $50
  • Flowers $50 (if they give you a half-decent bouquet)
  • Complimentary laundry and pressing (7 per day) $49
  • Robes $100 (assuming they don't make you share ONE bathrobe!)
  • Daily Canapes or High Tea delivered to your stateroom $?
  • Pinnacle Dinners $62
  • Special Disembarkation Privileges $0
  • Breakfast at Pinnacle Grill $0 (unless it is more special than the dining room options)

There are several things on this list I'd already be buying without a package (bottles of wine, beverage card, flowers, laundry, Pinnacle dinners). Not sure about the food delivered in room (I'm sure the selection is better at afternoon tea).

Thoughts?

Do you get to keep the bathrobe or is only for use on the ship?

Hmmmm. I think the liquor menu would be the make-or break here. :confused: From the old thread, it sounds possible to switch your hard liquor for some more wine, but I wouldn't be surprised if the ones you choose from are quite cheap. Good to know about the flowers, I was looking for a more substantial arrangement this trip. Since that thread is quite old, I think I'll double-check the offerings before going any further. Especially since the price has gone up, I may be better buying everything a la carte. I don't really need tea in my room anyhow.

Thanks so much.

...Good to know about the flowers, I was looking for a more substantial arrangement this trip. .

If this is for your "3 in your inside cabin" cruise, I suggest you wait until you are onboard before you decide about flowers. You may (or may not) feel that you would prefer to keep the flat surfaces clear.

We sent flowers to someone who was traveling on her own once, and she found they got in her way, took up valuable space. She was by herself in the cabin.

Edited by VennDiagram

We did it once, maybe 5 years ago. I’m still wearing the robe! I don’t believe we had the disembarkation Pinnacle breakfast, or any special disembarking privileges though. I seem to recall It was a lunch at the Pinnacle. The canapés were repetitive- pate, pate and more pate! Don’t count $49 for laundry, because they don’t take it past day 6. I don’t think we would do it again.

It quite possibly will be too cozy for the 3 of us at 225 sq feet, so I might have to get rid of my daughter to make room for the flowers. Or my mother. It depends... :')

I love being surrounded by flowers, makes it more homey. But you're right, I will lay my eyes on this room first to see if I can sacrifice the space.