Charge for Dive in Burger?

Tinknock50

I am confused. Is there a charge for Dive-in burgers that are served on deck or is the charge only for room service burgers?

The charge is only for the Dive-In burgers served as room service burgers. If you go up to the Lido deck and bring it back to your room, there is no charge.

The charge is only for the Dive-In burgers served as room service burgers. If you go up to the Lido deck and bring it back to your room, there is no charge.

This is correct. It's more like a delivery charge. If you pick up the order, there is no charge. It does not matter where you consume it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by adrift@sea

The Dive-in us the 1st place we go on Embarkation day after dropping our carry-ons in our room. Burger and cheese fries with a cold one ... I know the cruise has begun.

dh

We normally go to the MDR for embarkation lunch, but I have been craving a Dive In burger for at least a month. We may do the Dive In for embarkation lunch next cruise (y) May even try the cheese fries :)

My sister is sailing the Koningsdam in a couple of weeks and that's exactly what I told her to do, drop your luggage in your cabin and head directly to Dive In for a burger and a cold one, let the cruise begin!!

I made the error of starting my last cruise with day-drinking.... not good. VERY not good :eek:[/quote[ ..]..

That does not sound like my idea of a Good time. :eek: No thanks. While I know many disagree, I always like lunch in Lid o after embarkation. My dh did, too.

All of the Burgers are excellent, but so are the hot dogs.

I like the Fries as well, but I know that they are not good for me and try to limit them to one serving per cruise.

Me too.. I'm allowing myself One 'Dog Paddle' hot dog, and One 'Cannonball' burger (to be shared with DW)... no fries... on our next Eurodam sailing. Of course, I will be in the gym every morning trying to offset those extra calories!

The stated policy on the HAL web site is:

"Complimentary In-Room Dining is only a phone call away.

OPEN: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER, ANYTIME

COST: INCLUDED"

But then if one reads the room service menu one finds that there are in fact charges for specific items like the Dive-In burger, but not for the delivery.

igraf

This is correct. It's more like a delivery charge. If you pick up the order, there is no charge. It does not matter where you consume it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really? Is it that far to walk?

It can be for people with mobility problems. Especially when they are back in their cabin, and just too wiped out to go out again for something to eat.

Not everyone is able-bodied. And not all who are able-bodied will be able to say that for the rest of their lives.

I agree with you in that any able person should just get their Dive-In burger fresh from the grill. Just having it show up at my room after it has been sitting around for a while diminishes the experience.

I would also add that it bothers me that HAL would make a hamburger a special extra cost item.

igraf

ps We can handle the calories because our policy is to use the stairs while on board for the most part. We burn more calories on a ship than we do at home!

Really? Is it that far to walk? I have no interest in eating something so bad for you. Not even wanting to walk to get it blows my mind.