Irie Tours - All West Beach Hopping Tour VS Surf and Turf

familycruzinnewbie

We did the 3 hr east side tour 4 years ago and booked the 6 hr West Beach Hopping one. Just wondering if that is the best option or if I should think about the 4.5hr Surf and Turf. The 6 hr one seems to be more popular. We have a 15 and 18 year old with us but it is mainly me and the 18 year old who snorkel. Details of both below:

All Best Beach Hopping Tour

Our first stop will be at National Park Shete Boka. We’ll stay here for 45 minutes while you can walk around and enjoy the spectacular scenery. You have the option to visit one of the 7 caves or just watch large, unpredictable waves crush against the rocky North coast.

We then head to Playa Forti for the ones who dare to go cliff jumping or else enjoy the beautiful view and take some awesome pictures.

The next stop is at Kenepa Beach, which is one of the most popular and beautiful beaches on the Island. Here you have the opportunity to enjoy the breathtaking view or dive into the crystal blue water. If you're into snorkeling, Kenepa beach is the perfect spot to do this. We stay at this beach for 1 hour.

Now it’s time for our last beach stop, which is Porto Marie Beach. Porto Marie is also known for it’s incredible snorkel sites. You can also grab something to eat & drink at the beach bar/restaurant. Here we stay for 1,5 hour. On our way back to town, we drive by the salt lake at St. Willibrodus to see the Flamingo's.

Surf and Turf

The name says it all, land & sea. Visit the breathtaking Hato Caves and one of the most beautiful beaches on the Island.

This cave is home to beautiful limestone formations, romantic pools, a colony of seldom seen long nose fruit bats and stalactites and stalagmites still in formation.

Amerindian Arawaks and escaped slaves used these natural shelters as hiding places.

Take a 45-minute tour on a paved illuminated path through the caves and see the cave drawings that the Amerindian Arawaks left behind, estimated to be 1,500 years old.

The next stop will be at Plantation House Jan Kok. On our way there, we will pass by the salt lake at St. Willibrodus to see the Flamingos.“Landhuis Jan Kok” is named after the 18th century slave master Jan Kok who was infamous for his cruelty. Many people on the island still believe that his bad spirit haunts the house.Nowadays Nena Sanchez (a famous local artist) has a gallery there.

Our last stop is Porto Marie Beach. Here you have 2 hours to spend swimming, snorkeling or just relaxing on the beach.

Irie tours cancelled on us after not getting enough people on tour to Hato caves but they did us a favour after we picked up same tour in port for $25 plus $9 for cave entry. This included tour of town, drive to see flamingos plus drop off at lovely beach and pick up at a time to suit us. Highly recommend going with local tour at port.

• 3 weeks later...
I highly recommend the West end tour. We did it last summer and it was the highlight of our cruise. We loved it so much we want to go back and spend a week on Curacao.

That tour has me dreaming of a land vacation in Curacao too!

I booked about a week before we sailed Vista last October. Itinerary change due to hurricanes left me scrambling with an all 4 ports change announcement 2 weeks before sail.

Curacao is now my favorite island after the West End tour.

Irie tours cancelled on us after not getting enough people on tour to Hato caves but they did us a favour after we picked up same tour in port for $25 plus $9 for cave entry. This included tour of town, drive to see flamingos plus drop off at lovely beach and pick up at a time to suit us. Highly recommend going with local tour at port.

Mcphee1, this sounds wonderful and the exact type of tour we would like. thanks for the suggestion. Hubby and I usually cruise alone but this year we have a total of 8 adults which should be fun.

Where abouts did you locate the local tour operators? right outside the cruise port? when last there I had arrange a tour myself which ended up being a private tour and was most wonderful. Wish I could remember the details as I would book him again in a heartbeat.

Mcphee1, this sounds wonderful and the exact type of tour we would like. thanks for the suggestion. Hubby and I usually cruise alone but this year we have a total of 8 adults which should be fun.

Where abouts did you locate the local tour operators? right outside the cruise port? when last there I had arrange a tour myself which ended up being a private tour and was most wonderful. Wish I could remember the details as I would book him again in a heartbeat.

Hi there, Local Tour Operators are very easy to find. When you leave the cruise port a 2/3 minute walk straight ahead will take you to an area with stalls and a bar, just to the left hand side of this area is where the operators were standing under a gazebo with posters displaying the main sights that they go to. I am sure with 8 of you, you will be able to negotiate a private trip to take in all of the sights that you would all like to see, as the transport is by mini bus therefore your group of 8 will be a perfect size. Hope you have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...