How is PR doing these days???

snorkler8

We are looking at a cruise, round trip out of PR. Are they pretty much back on their feet again? I’m guessing since it round tri there they restock the ship supplies all in PR?? This cruise itinerary has been on my bucket list for a long time... Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

We cruised out of San Juan in October and will be back next month. I think we have been there 5 or 6 times, including a non-cruising trip with my best friend. In October many places were still without power but a good portion were running with a generator (including both hotels we stayed at). We are looking forward to going back next month, it is one of my favorite places, even without power. The itineraries out of San Juan just cannot be beat! I almost hate to cruise out of anywhere else! I would definately recommend a cruise from there! The biggest thing is to keep a watch on airfare, it flucuates a LOT. Get an idea of what is the 'normal' rate and just watch. If you are fleixble on your days, if you can fly in prior to Saturday, and fly out MOnday or later it will save you some money and you will get a few more days there!! A win, win!

We are looking at a cruise, round trip out of PR. Are they pretty much back on their feet again? I’m guessing since it round tri there they restock the ship supplies all in PR?? This cruise itinerary has been on my bucket list for a long time... Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

On another note, we love to snorkel and the best snorkeling we have found has been on St Lucia (Jalousie Beach...between the Pitons) and Curacao on the routes out of PR.

We stayed in Old San Juan for three nights last week and had a wonderful time. Restaurants, shops, historical sites are all open and welcoming. Sadly tourism is down and the some businesses are struggling. Outside the city of San Juan is still recovering but the city is in good shape.